Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Speak To Your Storm

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Speak To Your Storm Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Speak To Your Storm

Post by Psalmist July 5th 2014, 10:49 pm

Mark 4 : 35 And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side. 36 And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships. 37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. 38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? 39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

I just came back from a 2200 mile ride to see my mom in Northern Michigan. Before I left, I kept watching the weather for Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan. The radar looked pretty stormy and there had been some pretty rough days prior. Friends and family suggested strongly to take the car. That is pretty good advise when you see a lot of bad weather right in your path. But my mom has great faith and I too have seen God do miracles while riding into storms.

So while we were praying over the phone we agreed for good weather. I felt that nudge from the Lord to speak to the storms in agreement. My mom and I agreed for the storms to lift or go another direction while I was riding. Guess what, they did. All the way up to Peru, Ill there was storms forecasted, but not a drop. I covered my bike for the night and went inside. Overnight it rained like crazy (I was told) but in the morning it was sunny again. Wisconsin had a lot of rain heading my way, but I never got wet. After 1100 miles I reached my destination. Looking up, I saw the oddest cloud formation. To the East, West, and North there were dark heavy clouds. But overhead it looked like someone took a deep breath and blew them out of the way. I smiled up at God and gave Him praise for the wonderful cool ride. Not long after I got there, it rained.

Of course going home was the same thing, perfect weather. I stopped in Chicago at my cousins house for the night. Watching the news and weather was amazing. There was a lot of damage from storms everywhere in the Midwest. This same thing happened to my wife and I while riding thru Colorado two years ago. We spoke to the storms coming at us and they moved away.

Mt 17:20 - And He said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, `Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
God's word is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He's interested in our safety. Yes, sometimes we will go thru storms, but sometimes He wants to see if we have faith to speak to them. Some things God allows. And yes, His ways are higher than ours. But this time He wanted to show Himself strong. When Jesus was in the boat, I'm pretty sure He was testing His disciples to see if they would speak to the storm.
What storm are you riding into? Do you have faith to command it to go? Are you praying in agreement with another person of faith?

Matthew 18: 18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I have shared this with you to give God all the glory for the great things He has done. With God ALL things are possible. Live and ride in the favor of God. Have a marvelous week and remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Speak To Your Storm Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Speak To Your Storm

Post by actionpack July 6th 2014, 2:10 pm

thanks dino , glad to had a wonderful trip to your moms
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down