Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : JOY

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : JOY Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : JOY

Post by Psalmist November 5th 2011, 11:26 pm

Ne 8:10 Then he said to them, "Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to him who has nothing prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

Riding my bike up to Spfld MO last wed's night was quite the adventure. I was watching the online weather.com for the area and it wasn't looking real good. There was a wave of rain heading right for my highway. Being optimistic I thought I could miss most of it. Being realistic, I packed my rain suit and 'cool' rain boots. Before I got on the highway it was raining lightly. About 45 minutes into it, it was really coming down and it wasn't a warm rain either. But I had my cool biker leather jacket with all the zippers and stuff. At this time my sneakers were getting pretty wet and cold. It was definately time to get the 'big guns' on them feet. Having been thru lots of chemo and radiation, my left leg and foot have swollen quite a bit. So when I stopped at a gas station to boot up, it took me about 1/2 hr. With wet socks, the right foot took some time to get in the boot. The left side? Imagine a 50+ yr old guy doing a rain dance buy his bike and a gas pump. I was pulling and stomping and resting for about ten minutes then starting again with a dance to keep my balance. I was actually enjoying the excersize. It's not everyday you can dance in the rain. Finally back on my bike and the rain really coming down, I dodged the remains of two large deer. I figured it would be safest to follow the tracks and lights of the big trucks. At this point it didn't matter how much mud they were throwing in my face. Oh yeah I also got a free facial mudbath. Three hours later I arrived at my sister's and full of joy.

Joy is a deep seed that grows thru cultivation and trials. Joy and happiness are not the same thing. People say they want to be happy. Happy is a wind that's here and gone. I'm happy I got a new seat for my bike. I'm happy I get some new bling for Christmas... Bikers and musicians are always almost there. With this _____ I'll be happy. Then a month later.. well you know the drill (or drool).

When Nehemiah wrote that verse, he was in conflict with other armies. He told his builders to build with one hand and carry a sword in the other. God gave him the plan to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. Let me jump back one chapter and we see conflict coming to Nehemiah in the ways of lies from those that opposed him and the work.

"Then I sent a message to him saying, "Such things as you are saying have not been done, but you are inventing them in your own mind." 9 For all of them were trying to frighten us, thinking, "They will become discouraged with the work and it will not be done." But now, O God, strengthen my hands."

People will always oppose you and try to scare or frighten you. They set out to discourage you. They'll say "You can't do it! It will NEVER work!! Give up!!" Rejoice when men will say all manner of evil against you. Let the doubters be as fuel to your tank.

A little further down in the chapter:

for they are coming to kill you, and they are coming to kill you at night." 11 But I said, "Should a man like me flee? And could one such as I go into the temple to save his life? I will not go in." 12 Then I perceived that surely God had not sent him, but he uttered his prophecy against me because Tobiah and Sanballat had hired him. 13 He was hired for this reason, that I might become frightened and act accordingly and sin, so that they might have an evil report in order that they could reproach me.

Rejoice when people lie about you and try to bring you down to their depressing level. When they try to put stupid thoughts in your head, realize where it's coming from and throw it away.

2 Cor 10:5:
10:5 - We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

Capture that stinking thinking and deposit it in the trash can where it belongs. Let the joy of the Lord strengthen you and refresh you. Put a gate or wall around you from those who would try to destroy you and your dreams. I have learned to ignore those who want nothing more than to steal my joy.

Ps 20:5 We will sing for joy over your victory, And in the name of our God we will set up our banners. May the LORD fulfill all your petitions.

Ps 27:6 - And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me, And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.

Ps 32:11 - Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous ones; And shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart.

Ps 33:1 - Sing for joy in the LORD, O you righteous ones; Praise is becoming to the upright.

Ps 35:27 Let them shout for joy and rejoice, who favor my vindication; And let them say continually, "The LORD be magnified, Who delights in the prosperity of His servant."

Some years ago a young couple found out they were having a fifth child. They were barely making ends meet. When they told their friends about the pregnancy, the friends discouraged them. "You can't have another baby. You can't afford what you have now. You need to go see a dr and have that baby taken out. You need to abort that thing right away." The couple was crushed and went to see their pastor. They told him all that had happened. The pastor was an older wiser man. He prayed "In the name of Jesus Christ I break that curse. This baby will live. This will be a baby of joy with a destiny..." Sixteen years later my daughter Joy Destiny is just that. She brings everyone (especially me) joy and she has a strong destiny. She is gifted in so many areas. I love being around her.

When you walk in joy, people will love being around you too. They are drawn to joy. Stop trying to change grumpy sarcastic people. You can't. But the joy of the Lord can. I'm praying for you that this week will be full of joy for you. Try not to ride in the cold rain at night, and watch for falling deer.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : JOY Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : JOY

Post by whitetrash November 6th 2011, 7:01 am

TU Thanks for the up-lifting words Dino.

I HATE riding in the Rain and will stop and drink Coffee for 6 hours to wait it out if I have to.------ Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack November 6th 2011, 8:57 pm

sounds like a ruff trip dino , i always hated rideing in the rain , when i first moved to hale , i still was working at buick motor div , it was a 5 hour round trip ride , and i hit some alful weather on my rides , some days i would give in and drive the truck , and park the bike for that day , the joy was always climbing off your machine and thanking the man for getting you home safe and sound , thanks for the message dino TU
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist November 7th 2011, 12:47 am

Kinda felt like Gilligan on a three hour tour. Might have to name the bike "SS Minow"
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch November 8th 2011, 12:04 am

Riding in the rain can be a real bummer. Glad you made it with no issues (other than being wet and muddy).
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum