Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Riding The Storm Out

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Riding The Storm Out Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Riding The Storm Out

Post by Psalmist May 21st 2011, 11:25 pm

The wind outside is frightning
But it's kinder than the
lightning life in the city
It's a hard life to live
but it gives back what you give
(REO Speedwagon) (sorry, NO lady G here)

Lately there have been so many storms everywhere. I hope you're ok! A week ago thursday night I was riding my Wing home from worship practice, when I hit 10 inches of water on the highway. I was riding the inside lane and it was dark. Before I knew it, the water knocked my left foot off the peg! That will make you pray hard. The truck right in front of me must've seen me. He put his flashers on and drove slower, kinda like a guardian angel. My real guardian angel's name is Clem. He watches over me alot when I'm riding. Often he says 'SLOW down!' and I heed his advice. He's kept me with change in my pocket several times.

Maybe you've been in some big storms lately and just knew someone has been watching out for you. Post it here, if you want. BTW when I get to heaven, I know Clem's going to sit me down and say "The name's not CLEM." But for now, he'll have to get over it. Have you been caught in a twister, downpour, huricane, snowstorm? Share it. Riding back from P'Cola to Shreveport my wife (still) and I rode thru 8 storms in one day! Can you spell sauggie?

What do you do in/with the storms of life. Most of the time you don't even see them coming. The times are very dark and storms can be hard to see at night. Just when you think it's 'smooth sailing' FLASH! and you can't find up. The disciples were out in a boat one night when a storm blew in:

Mark 4:35-41
35 And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side. 36 And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships. 37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. 38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? 39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

Did Jesus know the storm was coming. I think so. Does He know you're in a storm or coming into one? I think so. If we didn't have storms, we'd never understand or appreciate peace. He doesn't always stop the storm and He never leaves us alone in the storm. Someone said Jesus rebuked the storm and His disciples in the same breath "Peace be still, O ye of little faith." Jesus is moved my our faith more than fear. (I started typing 'our fears') But I refuse to accept any fear as 'mine'.

Ro 8:15 -
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2Ti 1:7 -
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

As you ride thru the storms, give no place to fear. Be cautious and aware of bad weather, but don't let devils torment you into dungeons of fear. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Riding The Storm Out Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Riding The Storm Out

Post by smokum May 22nd 2011, 9:02 am

Good words pastor. Thank you...
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Riding The Storm Out Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Riding The Storm Out

Post by whitetrash May 22nd 2011, 9:47 am

TU TU Thanks Dino ! -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack May 22nd 2011, 12:08 pm

them words tops all your pass sunday morning sermons ,i look forward to all your good words every sunday , thanks dino TU TU
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down