Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Say Something!

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Say Something! Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Say Something!

Post by Psalmist July 31st 2011, 12:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVZ8Ko-nss4

Have you ever met those that seem to be saying something, but nothing they say makes any sense? That is one of my favorite videos for someone that is saying absolutely nothing logical. Yet to watch him a second time, well he still doesn't make sense. But it sure is fun to show your friends at work.

Communication is a gift many men are challenged with. Remember the scene in "One flew over the Cookoo's Nest" when the indian patient said "Juicy Fruit." I think that's about all he said in the whole movie, but was in most of the scenes.

According to scientists, the male brain suffers from a testosterone bath just before birth. During which time, the communication skills are severly damaged. So next time your wife asks "Are you 'dainbramaged' ?" You can honestly answer 'Yes'. and go about your business. That is why women can and do speak three times as much as men. They are just better communicators. If satan had spoken to Adam first, Adam would've just grunted like Elvis and walked away. But Eve had to put her two cents in and get the ball rolling.

Ge 3:1 -Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, "Indeed, has God said, `You shall not eat from any tree of the garden'?"

Ge 3:2
The woman said to the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat;

...and the rest was history. One of our biggest challenges in life is knowing when and what to say. Ever wish you could take something back? I do all the time. And other times I wish I could speak up. Growing up in a large family near Lake Superior I watched my dad as a role model. Alot of my shirts look like they're out of his closet. Alot of my speech comes from him too. Things he said seem to come out of my mouth all the time. Like "You know what they say in the old country.." and "Tough cookies!" and many more. One thing I noticed was when dad and mom discussed things, he said very little. Especially in an argument, he said very little. Now, when my wife and I are in a heated argument, I tend to say as little as possible. And that's not fair to her or me. She actually wants me to say something contrary.... sometimes. (I'm still working on the timing).

James 1:19 This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.

So how do we reach a good compromise of communication? I'm not too sure. You tell me. I still find myself listening more than speaking (when things get heated). Remember that words are soldiers. They will acomplish what you set them out to do. "But words will never hurt me..." is a total lie. Words can and will hurt if spoken out of anger or hurt. Think before you speak. I know, easier said than done. You will be remembered by what you do and don't say. Your kids record everything that comes out of your mouth, so make it good. Instead of grumbling, give thanks for what you DO have. Remember I'm praying for you! Make it the best week ever. Stay cool and go for a ride. If you're going to heaven, I hope to meet you at gate 7. We'll go for a ride across the universe and be back before lunch. Imagine peg scraping on the rings of Saturn Wink If you want to go to heaven but haven't signed up yet, repeat this simple prayer:

Jesus I'm sorry for my sins. Please forgive me and come into my heart. I believe you died for me and rose again. I forgive those who hurt me, and I forgive myself for all past mistrakes. Holy Spirit come into my life and take over. I surrender myself to you. Thank you Jesus. Amen

Dino
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Say Something! Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Say Something!

Post by actionpack July 31st 2011, 6:22 am

well done dino , when you mentioned growing up in by lake super , my cousin ellen airgood has a great book out called , south of superior , TU
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Say Something! Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Say Something!

Post by smokum July 31st 2011, 8:44 am

Good one Dino, so true. Getting better at keeping my foot out of my mouth. Usually.

Keep on hittin close to home, both of them...
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyedorange July 31st 2011, 9:10 am

Thanks Dino, keep em coming.
Dyedorange
Dyedorange
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 834

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down