Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sunday Mornin' Hope : Get a job

+4
NeonLeon
smokum
Silver Eagle
Psalmist
8 posters

Go down

sunday Mornin' Hope : Get a job Empty sunday Mornin' Hope : Get a job

Post by Psalmist November 14th 2010, 12:13 am

In the 70's there was a band called Sha Na Na. Remember them? Their biggest hit was "Get a Job". It was a catchy phrase back then when jobs were everywhere. But today a good job is pretty scarce. Even OK jobs are getting hard to find. So what can you do during these hard times for employment?

Sit down and evaluate your strengths and weaknesses. What is it YOU like to do? I don't have it to give, but let's pretend I had $3 million dollars to give you to live on. The one stipulation was, you had to invest it in something you enjoyed working at. What would that be? Have you had the desire to open a pizza place?

About 20 yrs ago I lived in Spfld, MO (home of 5 large colleges). One of my friends was asked to go in on a partnership for a new Pizza delivery company. Being short sighted, he turned it down. Today there are 13 Dominos Pizza stores around town and one guy is rich. The other guy? Well he's still working for the DOT.

There is an old proverb "A fool and his money are soon parted." Have you ever fallen into one of those get rich quick schemes? I have twice. Those multi level deals where you invest a large sum of money to get started, then you recruit two under you and ........ don't usually work. The first few people make a killing, but by the time it gets to you, the market is mostly gone.

Ps 37:4 -
Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.

What would you like to see yourself doing in 20 yrs? How about 10 yrs? How about 5 yrs? What is the desire of your heart work wise? About 15 years ago the Lord put in my heart the desire to be a full time worship leader. For the past 13 yrs I have enjoyed doing just that. I have a family of six living at home right now. It used to be 9 of us and God provided each step of the way.

After I was 'let go' from a job, I decided it was time to start a music store. I worked nights delivering pizza at Dominos and ran a music store out of my back bedroom. I remember the excitement of buying my first guitar wholesale and the two boxes of guitar strings. Eventually I had a three story retail store. Upstairs there were eight band rooms and a bathroom. On the road of your dreams there will be many detours. Don't let them direct or distract you from your destiny. Don't let negative people steal your dreams. They will say "It can't be done. You're too old...." Don't listen to them.

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Mt 6:33 -
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Mt 19:26
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I'm praying for you and your career. Someone said "Shoot for the stars and you may land on the roof. Shoot for the roof, and you'll never get off the ground." So aim high.

Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

sunday Mornin' Hope : Get a job Empty Re: sunday Mornin' Hope : Get a job

Post by Silver Eagle November 14th 2010, 6:35 am

Thinks Dino
Silver Eagle
Silver Eagle
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum November 14th 2010, 8:01 am

Thank you
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon November 14th 2010, 8:15 am

Bless you Dino ... and Bless YOU.
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon November 14th 2010, 8:35 am

Good words to live by. I am trying to figure out what I want to do now.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch November 14th 2010, 10:38 am

Thanks Dino. I have a couple years to figure what I want to be when I grow up.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash November 14th 2010, 7:04 pm

TU Thanks Dino !

I still do not know what I want to do.

If I had that 3 Million that you were giving away I would have a Combination Motorcycle and Gun Shop with a Stripper Bar in the back and that my Friend is No Joke.--------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack November 14th 2010, 8:43 pm

thanks dino , i done used up all my non skilled talents in life , if i did have to work , i would do something that required no skills , reg naps thru out the day , free meals and lots of pay days scratch
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist November 14th 2010, 11:57 pm

I feel blessed. I have seen most of my dreams fulfilled. Now, I just want to grow old with my wonderful wife and raise my children. Oh yeah, and take a bike trip to CA. oh yeah, and ..................................... the list goes on. Wink
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum