Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : I'm Sorry

5 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : I'm Sorry Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : I'm Sorry

Post by Psalmist November 21st 2010, 12:00 am

Two words, seldom said.

About 20 years ago my first born son was about 4 years old. My wife and I were in the living room talking when he came bounding in wearing my new helmet. I came unglued and yelled at him. "You take that off! That's not a toy................" and on I ranted till he dropped his head and went back to his room. Patty looked at me and said "He's just trying to be like you." I tried to make it right by talking to him, but the damage was done.

Sometimes we put unwarranted value on inanimate objects instead of people. Nothing is worth more than a person. But because we have paid a premium price on something, our values get skewed. I'm re reading a great book on child rearing "To Train Up A Child" by Michael and Debi Pearl. In chapter 4 they talk about tying strings. Too often we burn or cut strings with our children and family and friends for stupid reasons. (I hope I'm not alone on this one.)

When you cut strings, it's extremely important that you try to tie a new one as quickly as possible. Tonight I felt led to call my son and tell him I'm sorry. Unfortunately he wasn't home or available. He likely doesn't remember this happening, but IF he does; I want to make it right.

Sometime ago I worked in a warehouse. My partner and I filled orders for the local hospital. He hated me, and I'm sure I earned some of it. He used to try and run over me with the fork lift while getting drunk. After I left that job, I went to work in a book store. One day I was working the cash register and he came in. I found someone else to take over and I went to the back to pack some boxes. Yes, I was trying to avoid him. He waited till I came back up front. As I checked his books out, he apologized for the way he treated me and I forgave him. I never saw him again. Tonight I tried to find him on Facebook and see how he's doing. I think I did and wished him well.

Mark 11:26
["But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions."]

Matthew 18:21
21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

So if you're 'packin' any unforgiveness or unrepented sins, take it to the cross of Jesus Christ. If the Lord directs you to tell someone "I'm Sorry." DO IT. Ask them to forgive you. If you're carrying resentment, dump it in the nearest landfill. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any and all trash in your heart.

Before you can be thankful for all God's blessings this year, you may need some humble pie. If God has blessed you with wisdom in counsel, listen to them. I hope you have a blessed and safe Thanksgiving. Make the best of it this year! Remember I'm praying for you.

In Christ

Dino
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : I'm Sorry Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : I'm Sorry

Post by actionpack November 21st 2010, 8:05 am

very good dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Eagle November 21st 2010, 9:20 am

Thanks Dino
Silver Eagle
Silver Eagle
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch November 21st 2010, 10:19 am

Thanks Dino. I have a few things to take care of too.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by marang November 21st 2010, 11:43 am

Thank you Dino.
marang
marang
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter