Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : What was he riding?

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : What was he riding? Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : What was he riding?

Post by Psalmist July 3rd 2011, 12:02 am

Re 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war.

According to Wikipedia:

Riding through present-day Somerville, Medford, and Arlington, Revere warned patriots along his route, many of whom set out on horseback to deliver warnings of their own. By the end of the night there were probably as many as 40 riders throughout Middlesex County carrying the news of the army's advance. Revere did not shout the phrase later attributed to him ("The British are coming!"): His mission depended on secrecy, the countryside was filled with British army patrols, and the Massachusetts colonists (who were predominantly English in ethnic origin[43]) still considered themselves British.[44] [45] Revere's warning, according to eyewitness accounts of the ride and Revere's own descriptions, was "The Regulars are coming out."[46] Revere arrived in Lexington around midnight, with Dawes arriving about a half hour later. They met with Samuel Adams and John Hancock, who were spending the night with Hancock's relatives (in what is now called the Hancock-Clarke House), and they spent a great deal of time discussing plans of action upon receiving the news. They believed that the forces leaving the city were too large for the sole task of arresting two men and that Concord was the main target.[47] The Lexington men dispatched riders to the surrounding towns, and Revere and Dawes continued along the road to Concord accompanied by Samuel Prescott,

What was Revere riding? A Yamaha of course. It was probably a Midnight Road Star. When you think about a midnight ride today, there are a few ostacles like bad drivers and critters on the road. But back then, there were no lights and the roads were..well not as good as we have today. Hopefully it was a moonlit night. Because of his ride and those that rode because of him, we can celebrate the 4th of July and our freedom. Today we can ride our bikes in the day or night. Tomorrow I head out on a 2000+ mile trip to Marquette, Michigan and back. I get to see my mom and sisters. It's going to be a great ride. Someone said 'It's not the destination, but rather the ride.' OK I botched that one. But it's something like that. (feel free to correct me-please). I don't plan on any midnight rides if possible. Them bear and deer and....... are not fun at ....mph.

When Jesus comes back, He's not taking a taxi. He's going to be riding a white horse. The white horse signifies victory and Jesus was, is, and will be victorious. Those who saddle up with him will also be. You choose which side you're on. There is an evil that opposes Jesus Christ and it will eventually lose. Unfortunately the majority of the world will choose evil. But those who live and die for Jesus will have eternal victory and will ride throughout eternity. Maybe Jesus will ride a Polaris Victory. Those who reject Jesus will spend eternity in the fires of hell called the Lake of Fire. Before time slips away, ask Jesus to forgive your sins and live in your heart. It's that easy. If you need help, drop me a line. Thanks for all the pm's last week. I celebrate your new freedom with you. Remember I'm praying for you. Have a fantastic week! Make it the best one ever!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : What was he riding? Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : What was he riding?

Post by actionpack July 3rd 2011, 11:30 am

amen dino , TU
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : What was he riding? Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : What was he riding?

Post by whitetrash July 3rd 2011, 4:11 pm

TU Thanks Dino ! -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum July 5th 2011, 11:08 am

Another good one, Thanks Dino! Ride safe, have fun...
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down