Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : You Dog

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : You Dog Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : You Dog

Post by Psalmist October 23rd 2011, 1:05 am

The Syrophoenician Woman

Matt 15:21 Jesus went away from there, and withdrew into the district of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And a Canaanite woman from that region came out and began to cry out, saying, "Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is cruelly demon-possessed." 23 But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples came and implored Him, saying, "Send her away, because she keeps shouting at us." 24 But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." 25 But she came and began to bow down before Him, saying, "Lord, help me!" 26 And He answered and said, "It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs." 27 But she said, "Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." 28 Then Jesus said to her, "O woman, your faith is great; it shall be done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed at once.

This is a really interesting passage in Matthew and Mark regarding a woman from the neighboring country. In the day during the time of Jesus, it was rude for women to talk to men in public unless they were prostitutes or spoken to first. But this woman was on a mission for her daughter to be delivered from demons. Jesus here compares her to a dog! At first that seems like a rude way to treat a person that is crying out for help. People of canaan were considered a sub class because they inter married. They were not a pure race. They also sacrificed to pagan gods. This reference to dogs was as in a lap dog. Like a small poodle or schnauzzer in size.

So Jesus wasn't comparing her to a great dame or bull mastiff.

Imagine that little feller by your table. He just might use the table legs for toothpics.

So Jesus reference to her as a dog was testing her to see if she had faith and determination. Did she really want healing for her daughter? The disciples were trying to help Jesus some but more to get rid of this shouting woman.

And His disciples came and implored Him, saying, "Send her away, because she keeps shouting at us."

I think Jesus might have been laughing under His breath. 'When will these guys get it?' Then Jesus speaks not to her but in her general area, "I didn't come for your kind of people. I came for the Jews." Again He was testing her determination. I think this is common for mothers to react this way. Where was dad? He was probably home working on a project. Sure he knew his daughter was posessed, but what could he do? I imagine this woman tying her daughter down to keep her from hurting herself. She throws the new rope at her husband and yells, "If you aint gonna do something, I will! There's a healer in town and I'm gonna get something done for our daughter." She was not coming home empty handed. She probably planned to take Jesus to her house to deliver her daughter from demons. She actually stopped Jesus in His journey and bowed at His feet and worshipped Him. When she humbled herself totally and persued the healing, Jesus was moved with compassion. But He still tested her faith once more in calling her people lap dogs. Here she speaks of His lordship when she calls Him Master. Then He moved because of her faith.

Jesus is not moved by our fears, but by our faith. Do you have the chutzpah to go all the way?

Urban Dictionary: chutzpah

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chutzpahCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly.
1. unmitigated effrontery or impudence; gall. 2. audacity; nerve.

Do you have the nerve to ask and ask and ask? Remember the lion on Wizard of Oz? What did he want? "The noive". Sometimes Jesus want us to press in and keep pressing in. P.U.S.H.= Pray until something happens. Sometimes I pray and nothing happens so I quit.

One time I was on hospital visitation. One of our ladies from church had just had a stroke from a car accident. Her left side was frozen and she couldn't talk. Normally I would have said a quick prayer of some faith and moved on to see the rest of the 'roster' of our church in the hospital. But I felt a strong urgency from God to stay and press in for her miracle. After an hour God had healed her of all complications except her tongue was still frozen. I was so pumped! I had her husband and I put our hands on her neck. We prayed a strong prayer of faith for her to start speaking. NOTHING! She just laid there. So we did it again and I listened close. I heard zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !! Embarrassed and bewildered I looked at him and said "I guess we're done." We laughed and I left. Four hours later she sat up in bed and said clearly "We need to call our children and see if they're ok."

Are you still waiting and pressing in for your miracle? I am for sure. I want ALL this cancer to be gone. I am believing for complete healing and I have many agreeing with me. God isn't bound by our time clock. He is moved by our humble faith. I want to pray for your miracle. Some of you are hurting right now in different areas. Nothing is too hard for God. Nothing is too big or too small. We are all level at the cross. No one is above another. If you have a personal need, please write to me and I will gladly agree with you for that miracle. I'm praying for you. Make this the best week of your life!
Dino
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : You Dog Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : You Dog

Post by jaarch October 23rd 2011, 9:51 am

Thank you Dino. Awesome as usual. TU
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum October 23rd 2011, 10:24 pm

Thank You! Agreeing with you, and i will. Give me some time...
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down