Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Riding solo

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Riding solo Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Riding solo

Post by Psalmist April 27th 2013, 10:43 pm

This year Honda came out with a 'bagger' Gold Wing. This is almost identical to the current Goldwing except it has no trunk/backrest standard. This bike has been selling fast to those that want to ride solo or are already doing so. It's a real sporty bike and has alot of accessories available (like a small backrest).

The gl1800 wing looks like a tourer built for two. The F6B looks like a rocket mainly for one. Sure you can put a passenger on it. You can also give your wife a ride on a crotch rocket. Now that's a seat to remember.

In these changing times, the motorcycle industry must produce bikes that will sell. The GL F6B is looking to be a big seller this year for Honda. Other bike brands have had 'baggers' for some time.

A few months ago my wife stopped riding with me because her back was having pains. Riding a bike made her hurt more. So, I took the trunk off my wing
and made a plate to fit where it was. The ride is much more sporty with a lower center of gravity. There is no more helmet buffeting from the rear either. (That
might have been her thumping my helmet at times.)

Ge 2:18
Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."

For some, it's great to ride solo. On trips you can stop whenever and wherever you want. You can do anything you want. So, there's quite the freedom there. I've taken a few long trips alone and enjoyed them. But they don't compare to my trips with my wife Patty. She makes the miles seem shorter. She makes me laugh and is full of love and joy. When we first dated we rode a 1973 Yamaha 200rd. It was small, but with her on the back I felt like I was riding a Gold Wing! That was back in 1980. For over 33 years she has ridden with me. Now I miss that. I do pray for her to be fully healed and riding with me soon. God knew it wasn't good for man to be alone, so he made a woman. He even put Adam to sleep when He did it. Maybe He didn't want suggestions. Our Father knows best.

We came into this life 'riding solo' and will leave the same way. God has a plan and destiny for each of our lives. It's up to us if we choose it or try to make it on our own. Even His Son Jesus Christ has a bride preparing for the wedding of all weddings. It's called the 'Marriage Supper of the Lamb' where we are joined to Him (all Christians) and celebrate Jesus Christ coming back for us, then rejoicing for 7 years at His table. Now that's going to be a 'spread'. There will be no diet programs in heaven!! Am I sure there will be Rueben sandwiches there.

Many people reading this are flying solo today. I don't know why God takes some home before others. But I do know that He never leaves nor forsakes those who love Him. So, if you're 'flying solo', realize you're actually not; if you have Jesus Christ in your heart. He can't leave you and cherishes every moment you spend with Him. Spend some time this week with Him as you're riding through what He created for you. Remember I'm praying for you. If you need prayer, drop me a line.

John 14:1
"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Riding solo Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Riding solo

Post by trip April 30th 2013, 10:15 pm

Good one. I thought I would do just fine solo. It didn't take long to realize that after 38 years of riding two up, it's not easy. Shocked
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist May 4th 2013, 11:31 pm

I'm not sure if we ever stop missing someone special. Prayers for you Trip!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down