Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Choose Life

+4
smokum
NeonLeon
trip
Psalmist
8 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Choose Life Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Choose Life

Post by Psalmist October 30th 2010, 11:45 pm

De 30:19
"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

One of the most common insignia logos for bikers is the skull or skull and crossbones. I'm not even sure of it's origin. Maybe it goes back to the romance of the pirate days with the 'swashbucklers'. Men who desired the freedom of the seas and rebellion against the status quo. So, maybe you are what you wear (or at least want to be).

My friends and I got big laughs at those 'big men' that trailer'd their big Harley's to Sturgis. When they passed us I'd sing "I rode my bike to trailer week!" on my cb radio. Then about 20 miles out of Sturgis they'd park the truck, strap on the chaps and vests and ride on into town. Not to sound too unsympthetic, I do understand a person that has limited physical health and ability to hold up a bike weighing nearly 1/2 ton. It just looked funny as they morphed from business man to biker dude in 5 minutes. All the skull patches and possible rub on tatoos amazed me.

What is the intrigue of death and bones? Being a Christian, I see death as a door into another part of living. I'm not afraid of it, but I'm also not in any hurry to see it.

1Co 15:55 -
"O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?"

1Co 15:56 -
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law;

I really want to stay around here a while and grow old with my wife. I want to raise my children and spoil their children with noisy Christmas toys.

With Halloween comes a celebration of death and fear. Stores and yards are covered and cluttered with gravestones and goblins. Fear is a spirit that has been assigned to torment people and animals.

Ro 8:15 - For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2Ti 1:7 -
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1Jo 4:18 -There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Have you ever felt that nasty spirit of fear? It comes over you like a cold wet blanket and tries to smother you in torment. I remember laying in bed one night and that spirit came over me. I sat up and commanded that thing to leave me. It did. Then it came back just as fast. So I sat up again and said, "I'm going to put some worship music on and you're going to listen to it if you stay." I did and it left. I slept perfectly that night. There's a story of a famous evangelist that was on bed one night, when a devil blew open his window and enterred his bedroom. He sat up and said to the devil "Oh it's just you." and laid back down again to sleep. The devil took his bed (with him in it) and moved it across the room. Again he sat up and commanded it to leave. Out the window it flew. Then he said "Wait! You get back in here. I was over there, now you put me back; then leave!" The devil moved him back to where he was originally and left.

I hope this weekend you choose life. To live in joy and peace is my desire for each of you.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

In Christ you have life in abundance. In His presence is fullness of joy. Is there any reason to choose death? If you're troubled and death sounds like a good alternative, write to me or call me. My home number is 479-522-2255 and I will pray with/for you. The devil is a thief and liar. He came to steal, kill, and destroy. You deserve the best. That's why God didn't send an excuse. I'm praying for you.
dino

Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Choose Life Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Choose Life

Post by trip October 31st 2010, 6:00 am

Amen brother. Thanks I needed to hear that.

Last edited by trip on October 31st 2010, 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon October 31st 2010, 6:53 am

Amen
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum October 31st 2010, 7:49 am

Amen
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon October 31st 2010, 8:19 am

Amen. Prayers go both ways.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch October 31st 2010, 9:29 am

Amen. Thanks Dino. TU
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash October 31st 2010, 2:57 pm

TU Thanks Dino ! -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack November 1st 2010, 7:02 pm

TU the devels trying his best to mess with me , thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist November 4th 2010, 11:55 pm

Take every thought captive Bill. He can only take what you give him. Don't even give him the time of ............. or anytime.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack November 5th 2010, 10:18 am

Psalmist wrote:Take every thought captive Bill. He can only take what you give him. Don't even give him the time of ............. or anytime.
i think we all have the devil knocking on our back door most days , i just have to take him on and beat him with his own horns
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down