Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Life

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Life Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Life

Post by Psalmist January 26th 2013, 9:51 pm

Ecclesiastes 3
-
Chapter 3
By the necessary change of times, vanity is added to human toil

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Our lives go through many seasons. Some are short, some are long, some are joyous, some are sorrowful. My brother's father in law passed away yesterday. He lived many years and loved Jesus Christ. We know he's in heaven now and more alive than ever here on Earth. He will be greatly missed. On the same day, my son had his second baby. Rhett Thomas Hutchings is going to be the most spoiled boy in town. Every Christmas I'm going to buy the loudest toys with more parts than needed to put together. I'm going to put long lasting batteries in and super glue the door shut with it on.

So we've had a bittersweet weekend. No one knows what tomorrow holds. We are given just a certain amount of days to live. Someone said "What's important is what that hash line (between the dates) on our tombstone represents." How will you be remembered by your neighbors, friends, and family. But most of all, How do you stand with Jesus Christ? Your eternity will be determined by one question. Were you living for Jesus Christ when you died? If the answer is 'yes', then you will experience the most awesome wonderful eternity ever. Books can't begin to describe what lies ahead. Think of the greatest moment in your life and multiply by infinity. But that still will be insufficient. If the answer is 'no', you will face unfathomable pain and torment in hell. This is not a scare tactic, it's just the facts. Looking at all that has and is going on in this world, it looks like time is drawing to a close.

Are you ready for that? I believe I am. How do you know if you'll make heaven? You don't have to be perfect to get to heaven, just forgiven. Simply ask Jesus Christ into your life and to forgive you of your sins. Believe that He died and rose again. Accept His forgiveness and forgive yourself. Then live for Him to the best of your ability. Stay in church and read a good Bible. Some people prefer the King James while others like the New Living or or Message Bible. Either way, find one you can understand and enjoy. Here's what Jesus said about the last day:

Matt 25:

The description of the last judgment

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Have a fantastic week! Get some riding in. Hopefully it will be warm. Remember I'm praying for you!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Life Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Life

Post by trip January 27th 2013, 6:22 am

Thanks Dino. I was just now reading over some of the letters I had written when Joan was battling cancer. Such a dark time in my life. Through it all, Ecclesiastes brings comfort knowing everything happens according to GOD's will and in HIS time.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down