Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Life is a Door (and a bowl of cereal)

+4
jaarch
whitetrash
NeonLeon
Psalmist
8 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Life is a Door (and a bowl of cereal) Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Life is a Door (and a bowl of cereal)

Post by Psalmist December 12th 2010, 12:47 am

I'm not so sure how a cereal company named it's product "Life". While I do like the taste, you gotta admit it's an odd name for a box of wheat or whatever is in it.

This must be the time of year for the big movies to come out. If you haven't seen the Jim Carrey "Christmas Carol" you owe it to yourself to do so. Even the making of the movie is incredible. By using computers and spots on their faces/bodies the studio can make majical animation. Not being a Jim Carrey fan, I was extremely impressed with his portrayal of Scrooge. Of course the character looked in his 80's and they stayed close to the original script. Another big movie that just came out was C.S. Lewis's "Prince Caspian and the Voyage of the Dawn Treador". I thought this was a super movie with lots of great effects and Biblical wisdom. The Dawn Treador is a ship with pirate type crew and dragon head and tail as front and back of ship.

Both of these movies had a common theme. They both dealt with choices. The choices were like doors to their destiny. And so that is with us. We make choices daily that effect our destiny. Good choices cause us to have favor and bad choices lead to demise. Guard the door of your heart, and don't let trash come in. Be careful what you let in your heart's door. What you think about will greatly effect the choices you make in life.

Php 4:8 -Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Php 4:9 -The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Php 4:13 -
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

So, dwell or think on these good things, and you will see good things come from your life. A computer term "Garbage in, garbage out" pretty well sums up the negative side of thinking or dwelling on the wrong stuff. If you open the door to the trashman, you will smell like trash. If you open your heart to criticism, you will become the most critical person around. Scrooge had a predessor named Jacob Marley that made terrible choices while he was alive. He came to warn Scrooge of his future if he didn't change. Prince Caspian also had to make some life effecting choices along with his friends Lucy and Edmund.

This Christmas you and I will make choices everyday. Will you take a bad day at work- back home with you? Or can you leave it there and come home and celebrate what you DO have? If your job deals with lots of people, hopefully they will be in good spirits during this Christmas season. Don't ask God for patience. If you do, He will surely put you through some of the biggest tests of your life. Instead, ask for joy and understanding. Treat people the way you would like to be treated. Compliment that person in front of you in line with only 26 items. So they might only be able to count to 20 and a few extra. Even though you're running late and that person in front of you finds out they don't have enough money; help them out. Tell the clerk you'll take care of the rest. You will receive the bigger blessing. And if you're late, maybe you just missed the biggest bike wreck of your life. Have you ever ridden up on one and thought "That should've been me, but I was late." Remember the stories about the 911 towers falling, and all the people that were late for work? Were they really late? If you become late for a meeting this week, celebrate it!

Phil 4:13 says I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. How and when does He start strengthening you? When you open that door to your heart and let Jesus in. He said He stands at the door and knocks. In that famous painting, Jesus doesn't have a doornob to turn or button to push for service. Only you can let Him in or keep Him out. When Jesus chose Peter, He knew Peter's inconsistencies, but still chose him. Peter asked Jesus questions that the other 11 wanted to but were too chicken.

Matthew 19:23-30
23 And Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 "Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." 25 When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?" 26 And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." 27 Then Peter said to Him, "Behold, we have left everything and followed You; what then will there be for us?" 28 And Jesus said to them, "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name's sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life. 30 "But many who are first will be last; and the last, first."

When you open that door of your heart and let Jesus guide your ship, there will be storms. But even in your storm, there will come peace. I found out last week that my health insurance changed it policies. Instead of my chemo sessions copay being $20, now they're $300 every 21 days. But God has provided and will provide in wonderful ways. When we finish this life on Earth, a whole new world begins. But it's not only buying that big turkey for Bob Cratchet and Tiny Tim. It's turning the rest of your life over to Jesus Christ and living each day for him. Don't let fear torment you with chains of possible failure. Instead, dance in the storm and dance thru the desert. Because with God ALL things are possible.

If you've been sick or need prayer, let me know. I know someone who still does miracles. Wise men still seek Him.

Becuzaphim
Dino
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Life is a Door (and a bowl of cereal) Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Life is a Door (and a bowl of cereal)

Post by NeonLeon December 12th 2010, 6:42 am

Thanks Dino!
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Life is a Door (and a bowl of cereal) Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Life is a Door (and a bowl of cereal)

Post by whitetrash December 12th 2010, 8:05 am

TU TU TU The very Last sentence says it all.-------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch December 12th 2010, 11:05 am

Thank you Dino. Excellent post (as usual).
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Eagle December 12th 2010, 7:05 pm

Thinks Dino.
Silver Eagle
Silver Eagle
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack December 12th 2010, 7:17 pm

TU
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by marang December 12th 2010, 10:52 pm

Well Larry I'm sorry but Dino say's not to let Trash in the door...So don't come knockin' Laughing

Thanks for the words Dino.
marang
marang
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5977

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon December 12th 2010, 11:07 pm

Good words Dino.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down