Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Choose you this day

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Choose you this day Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Choose you this day

Post by Psalmist May 5th 2012, 11:43 pm

Jos 24:15 -
"If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

We make many choices every day. You made a choice to ride that bike. That bike of yours reflects who you are. Some like to add chrome and leather while others prefer stock. Some like to 'tinker' with the motor and sound (showing my level of mechanical knowledge). When I had my VTX N, I enjoyed taking the tank off and desmogging, reed valves, and putting LED's under it. I even got so daring as to replace the air box with a VW air filter. Being a minister of music, I've always enjoyed riding with tunes. Kinda embarrassing but on a VTX 18R, I put a car stereo in a kids lunch bag and strapped it between the pullback risers. Then I put some cheap 6x9 speakers in tupperware bowls and strapped them to the Memphis Shades windshield. Yeah it looked like Beverly Hillbillies, but it sounded great. I think every musician and motorcyclist is ALWAYS almost 'there'. And with that next 'widget' you'll be there...until you get it home.

In life it's the same. We choose how we want to live, where we want to live, what kind of job we want, who we will marry (or who'll marry us ) and on and on. Everyone would like to win the lottery and live in a big house and have a stable full of the latest bikes. One of my friends actually won the MO state lottery. He was instantly a millionaire. Within a few years he lost most of his friends and family. His health went from good to bad. It was really amazing how his whole family turned on him. I guess the moral of that story is thank God for what you do have. And if you win BIG, ask God for wisdom. It's really important to remember that 'things' don't make you who you are. They just reflect your taste. Don't waste your life trying to impress people you don't even like. Waste your time trying to be with the people you love.

Mr 8:36 -
"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?

Incredible bikes, houses, jobs etc won't save your soul. Sure they're nice to have and enjoy, but they will stop working someday. My oldest son had been working for the biggest furniture company in the nation. He was managing many of their stores in the Arkansas district. They laid him off last week. How do you feel when you choose to work for ____ for life, and they say
"It's been fun but.." and you're done. Remember the 'Indiana Jones' movies? Here is a clip regarding choices. While it's a bit gross, it does show the results of making poor choices.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBCTg...eature=related

Joshua in the Bible was chosen by Moses to be the next leader for the nation of Israel as they entered the promise land. He knew some had chosen to follow other gods. Some of the gods they had taken out of Egypt and other gods from where they were, had become their idols. God gives us free choice. You can choose the 'joy of the Lord' to be your strength or you can try to make it on your own. For these past almost 4 years of battling cancer, I have really learned to lean on the strength of Jesus Christ. As Joshua chose to serve the Lord, so have I and my family. It's not easy at times. Jesus never promised all would be great after making Him lord and savior. But I believe serving Jesus Christ is the best choice I've ever made. He gives me peace in the storm and He
never leaves me. ALL that I have is because of Him. One of my many passwords is "becuzaphim". Jesus Christ is everything to me. I hope you will choose to ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and come into your heart.

Mt 10:32 -

"Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven.

Lu 12:8 -
"And I say to you, everyone who confesses Me before men, the Son of Man will confess him also before the angels of God;

Ro 10:9 -
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Php 2:11 -
and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1Jo 1:9 -
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 4:3 -
and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

Re 3:5 -
`He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

If you would like to give your heart to Jesus and be forgiven, pray this prayer:

Jesus I confess I'm a sinner and I need you to come into my heart and save me from my sins. I believe you died and rose again from the grave for my sins. I forgive all those who have hurt me. I give you all that I am and ask for all that you have for me. I'm surrenduring it all to you. By faith I receive your forgiveness. I am forgiven. Holy Spirit change me now. Show me in Your word how to live right. Thank you for giving me another chance. I love you Jesus. Amen."

If you just prayed that simple prayer, drop me a private note and let me know. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Choose you this day Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Choose you this day

Post by actionpack May 6th 2012, 8:22 pm

good words dino , thanks
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down