Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats up

5 posters

Go down

whats up Empty whats up

Post by actionpack July 29th 2012, 3:55 pm

think its about time to see what were all working on in our lifes , i'v been busy lately with my son on a home 50 miles north of us , we built a book case , hung 20 ft of window blinds , more to do there but were on hold tell tues , been working on the case tractor , working on copper bike , fishing some now since the weather has cooled , really i have a non ending list of things to do , but i have all the time in the world to get my own stuff done , hope everybody has had some good rideing in this year so far , scratch
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

whats up Empty Re: whats up

Post by jaarch July 29th 2012, 8:19 pm

For the most part all I have been doing is healing but we are working on buying a house in Texas. We should know more next week but it won't be finalized until September (if it goes through). We won't move until I am completely done with rehab and have finally retired from the Navy.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 July 30th 2012, 3:55 pm

Still a self-unemployed real estate broker. Scratching around and making deals when they present themselves...which is few and far between. I am still putting on more properties to manage as rentals. I manage renters for the owners. Yup, you think your life as a septic tank pump truck driver would stink, try dealing with renters and all the bullshit they come up with.

I could manage around 35-45 rentals before I will need to put on some administrative help. Right now I'm around 10-12. Helps but just not enough top pay the bills.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 July 30th 2012, 3:59 pm

And, as far as BACA is concerned, we attended a trial for one of our adopted kids the other day. Her step father abused her for five years, from age 11-15. He was tried and convicted on 2 counts "Lewd and lascivious molestation on a child under 12 and one count sexual battery". We were in court to support our kid and also enjoy this victory. The bastard will be sentenced on September 10 and faces 2 life terms +.

I love BACA. It is one of the best organizations that I've ever been involved in. I've also gotten to meet and see brother Redleg twice in the last year or so. That was a treat as well.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack July 30th 2012, 8:25 pm

jaarch wrote:For the most part all I have been doing is healing but we are working on buying a house in Texas. We should know more next week but it won't be finalized until September (if it goes through). We won't move until I am completely done with rehab and have finally retired from the Navy.
good to hear your plans for texas are coming together joe , best of luck with your rehab TU
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack July 30th 2012, 8:30 pm

Simpleman77 wrote:Still a self-unemployed real estate broker. Scratching around and making deals when they present themselves...which is few and far between. I am still putting on more properties to manage as rentals. I manage renters for the owners. Yup, you think your life as a septic tank pump truck driver would stink, try dealing with renters and all the bullshit they come up with.

I could manage around 35-45 rentals before I will need to put on some administrative help. Right now I'm around 10-12. Helps but just not enough top pay the bills.
man things are tuff all over eric , but it sounds like your still hammering away at getting your buiness on both feet and the money rolling in , its tuff in mi. right now for the 1's that are not working , and even for the 1's who have work , the cost of living is killing us
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by shuterbg July 31st 2012, 8:55 pm

Whats up? wow lots and lots here. Hm where to begin? Work has been extremely busy and well right now I am not liking it. Oh well. My brother just moved in with us. He is like having a 6 year old child and a puppy put together. He is 35 and has always lived with our parents. he is out of work right now so its been interesting trying to raise a 35 year old. But we don't baby him like my parents did. so he moved in with us as my parents are aging and it was time for them to sell their house on the other side of the mountains. They put the house on the market at a good time. My dads health was getting worse after beating cancer, but finding out he has a rare disease that affects the brain tissue and will only get worse. Then my mom had a detached retina and ended up on this side of the mountains after having surgery. They were staying with some friends of ours. Then my dad got really sick and had to have his gall bladder removed. That there almost killed him and he was in rehab for a few months getting better. My mom had to have 2 more surgeries on her eyes.
Jessica, our youngest just started drivers Ed so now we are busy with that.
we did get a nice family ride a couple weeks ago. Our church has an anual teen/family camp on the other side of the mountains. so this year we rode our bikes and my husband got a chance to use his trailer. It was a great ride except it was really hot and I got overheated and sunburned really bad. But 780 miles round trip. it was good.
My husband and I both just found out we are diabetic. Huh we found out the same day with the same doc that told Clint we should have made an appointment together so he would have only had to go through that once. haha. We are taking our diabetes classes together. As soon as I heard I quit drinking pop and eating candy. The only candy I have had was a few pieces of the bite size candy when my sugar level dropped and I needed it. Been 6 weeks today and no pop and no caffiene. Helped me to lose about 10 pounds just by doing that.
I guess thats pretty much what we have been up to here.
shuterbg
shuterbg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Female Number of posts : 2031

Back to top Go down

Post by trip August 1st 2012, 7:11 am

I have been staying in the road. Traveling around the South East. I quit my job at the bike shop. To much of a hassle going to work 3 hours every day and it was getting in the way of my play time. This being retired is killing me.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack August 1st 2012, 3:57 pm

shuterbg wrote:Whats up? wow lots and lots here. Hm where to begin? Work has been extremely busy and well right now I am not liking it. Oh well. My brother just moved in with us. He is like having a 6 year old child and a puppy put together. He is 35 and has always lived with our parents. he is out of work right now so its been interesting trying to raise a 35 year old. But we don't baby him like my parents did. so he moved in with us as my parents are aging and it was time for them to sell their house on the other side of the mountains. They put the house on the market at a good time. My dads health was getting worse after beating cancer, but finding out he has a rare disease that affects the brain tissue and will only get worse. Then my mom had a detached retina and ended up on this side of the mountains after having surgery. They were staying with some friends of ours. Then my dad got really sick and had to have his gall bladder removed. That there almost killed him and he was in rehab for a few months getting better. My mom had to have 2 more surgeries on her eyes.
Jessica, our youngest just started drivers Ed so now we are busy with that.
we did get a nice family ride a couple weeks ago. Our church has an anual teen/family camp on the other side of the mountains. so this year we rode our bikes and my husband got a chance to use his trailer. It was a great ride except it was really hot and I got overheated and sunburned really bad. But 780 miles round trip. it was good.
My husband and I both just found out we are diabetic. Huh we found out the same day with the same doc that told Clint we should have made an appointment together so he would have only had to go through that once. haha. We are taking our diabetes classes together. As soon as I heard I quit drinking pop and eating candy. The only candy I have had was a few pieces of the bite size candy when my sugar level dropped and I needed it. Been 6 weeks today and no pop and no caffiene. Helped me to lose about 10 pounds just by doing that.
I guess thats pretty much what we have been up to here.
you have been busy , i'v been diabetic for 10 yrs now , your gonna find its like being on a roller coaster ride the rest of your life , i'm still doing good , non insulin yet , just have to watch what i eat , do have sugar pills , but don't have to use them much , good luck and we wish your whole family the best , TU
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack August 1st 2012, 4:03 pm

trip wrote:I have been staying in the road. Traveling around the South East. I quit my job at the bike shop. To much of a hassle going to work 3 hours every day and it was getting in the way of my play time. This being retired is killing me.
don't blame ya wes , i hate being pinned down to a daily grind , that was a cool job you had with the bikes , but punching a card is a pain sagree
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down