Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Selling your bike

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Selling your bike Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Selling your bike

Post by Psalmist September 19th 2015, 9:32 pm

Ps 37:4 -Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.

So, you have a bike for sale. Who doesn't? I took a ride out to a friend's bike shop and asked him to consign my

04 Goldwing. He said he didn't need it and the bike market is dead. If it wasn't for repairs he would have to closed his shop. Then he called his friend who is a wing dealer, only to get the same response. He's trying to sell his wings at a great discount.

Are bikes selling? Well sure they are. It's a buyers market, so the profit margin is minimal. You can sell anything you want, but you need to be creative. Putting your dirty bike in front of a dumpster will probably NOT draw the good buyers. You need to find a great background and a good hook.

It sounds crazy but I've sold two bikes on Ebay to people in Canada! Why? I live way down here in Arkansas and Canada is two days travel. One thing I did was take nice pictures of my bike on top of Pike's Peak and in front of great landmarks like Mount Rushmore. Maybe the buyers figured this bike was in great shape and worth the price. Then I threw in a bunch of accessories to make it better than a stock wing.

What is your bike worth? Sure you can go to Kelley or NADA blue books and see what they say. I think that's a good starting place. What have you added (besides chrome)? Chrome has no resale value but it might catch their eyes quicker when listed with a hundred bikes just like it. Someone said "It's only worth what two agree on." And that's true also.

Have you prayed about it selling? Ask God to help you sell it. Psalms 37:4 says that if you delight in Jesus, giving Him all of you and finding your contentment in Him, THEN He will give you your desires (that which your heart longs for). Is it wrong to ask God for things? Absolutely not! He wants you to ask for special things. What do you really want? And you respond "I really want to sell this bike. Can you help me?" And He will. There might still be the negotiation stage. Don't fuss over a near offer.

What am I asking for my great Goldwing? Only $8000!! Wow! What a bargain. And we will consider trades for a car or truck. I hope this helps you a little when you get close to selling your bike. Have a super week and remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Selling your bike Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Selling your bike

Post by actionpack September 20th 2015, 8:25 pm

thanks Dino , looks like you and Jesus got this handled ,
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Selling your bike Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Selling your bike

Post by trip September 21st 2015, 6:49 am

Thanks Dino. Hope you are not giving up riding.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon September 23rd 2015, 1:20 pm

Thanks Dino
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down