Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : This Old Bike

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : This Old Bike Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : This Old Bike

Post by Psalmist January 8th 2011, 11:09 pm

Romans 4:17

(as it is written, "A FATHER OF MANY NATIONS HAVE I MADE YOU") in the presence of Him whom he believed, even God, who gives life to the dead and calls into being that which does not exist.

The King James say God calls things that be not as though they were.

I don't consider myself much of a wrench, but I do like to tinker and hopefully restore an older bike. My current project is a 1985 Honda Goldwing 1200 LTD. I saw it in a paper and thought I could never afford it. I knew some of the bikes common problems, and the price was too high for my budget. But I went to see it anyway. It was a barn find!! It had ALL the bells and whistles still on it and only 25,000 miles on the clock. If you're familiar with the 1200 wings, they usually run 200,000 miles before wearing out. The owner knew what he had, but his wife was scared to death of it. Their last ride was in a tunnel and an 18 wheeler didn't see them. The truck moved into their lane , forcing them to straddle the shoulder's 3 foot lane. So, the bike sat for months in the garage/barn. So we were at a crossroads. The owner wanted twice what I had, and I knew it was worth it. I told him my plans to sell my other project and buy his. That took weeks and he was pretty anxious. Every time I called, the price got lower. Finally my bike sold and I made a 'bee line' for his place.

Now I have a second bike in the garage and parts everywhere. It needs the horn button replaced. A couple friends and I replaced the stator and tires. The forks are leaking and I'm sure the regulator needs moving to a cooler place. All in all, I see a great bike in there. I see things that be not as though they were. Here it is January, so I know I have a couple of months to get her ready to sell. She ought to bring $3000 easily in March.

Sometimes our lives are 'barn finds'. God sees us for what He is going to mold us into. In patient love He cleans us off and knows every part of us. He knows our common problems. There's no secrets to our common failures. Maybe we short out when this or that happens. He looks at our 'tires' and checks for wear and cracking. He knows where we've been and usually puts us in new shoes. Our problem is we tend to want to keep our old shoes because 'Nothing fits like an old shoe.' mentality. As God looks at His project, He sees the scratches and rashes on the paint and chrome. "Oh I can work with that." He smiles as He talks to Himself. Then He purchases us, or redeems us. That's why He sent Jesus. He had to pay the ultimate price for our sins. Throughout time, there was a price for sin. Offerings and sacrifices were made to be forgiven for sins.

God can't wait to get you home! Although He already paid your price, He gave you the option to come home or not. He wants you to come because YOU want to. I can't wait to get there, yet I want to see my family grow up. I want to spend many years with my wife and all my kin. According to medical statistics, my departure should be around August of this year. I'm not speaking that into being. I feel pretty good right now. And my faith in Jesus is enormous. He is my healer. I'm calling things that be not as though they were. I'm declaring my healing.

One of my good friends is a millionare, yet you'd never know it to talk to her. We were at a senior citizen lunch yesterday. She said "You know you're a walking miracle." I responded "Yes I do." Jesus is healing me. Whether I go home this August or in 20 Augusts, it's up to the One who found this old barn find. I hope He keeps me here for a long time.

There's a video on youtube called "A touch of the masters hand" that really would go great with this post. God sees in you more than you see. He called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. Remember I'm praying for you. Let's make this the best year ever.
Dino
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : This Old Bike Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : This Old Bike

Post by Psalmist January 9th 2011, 7:09 am

Here's the video/song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoBueoUnrIY
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : This Old Bike Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : This Old Bike

Post by actionpack January 9th 2011, 9:23 am

thanks dino , hope u and yours have a great year too ,
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by marang January 9th 2011, 12:00 pm

Thank you Dino.
marang
marang
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5977

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum January 15th 2011, 5:52 am

Thank You Thank You...Fantastic Post
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum