Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Bike Rally

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Bike Rally Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Bike Rally

Post by Psalmist March 8th 2014, 5:08 pm

It's that time of year again when we (church worship team and friends) hold our annual motorcycle truck car and scooter rally. It's called River Valley Thunder. Great name eh? This is our 12th rally and I'm excited/nervous and all those other things you get prior to the big 'shindig'. Being the overseer of such is all those things times a bunch. I had a dream about 12 years ago of doing this and thought "Why not?" It's a lot of work, but I get to see some really cool stuff and eat some awesome smoked brisket!! We've even opened this up to scooters for the show. I need to find out where they hang out and ride. Maybe college or high schools?

There's a verse in Nehemiah about plans and running with them (but I can't find it right now). And in Neh 5:1 he says "Then my God put it into my heart....." I think I've learned something about God here. Remember that verse that says "Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Maybe it's possible that those were/are God's desires for your life and He's waiting for you to get busy.

As you are living for Jesus Christ, He has access to your heart and puts a lot of great ideas in there. We look at them and wish/hope someone has the guts to do it. Like forest Gump and his great un-mined ideas, people are too scared to try. Who would have ever thought a 'smiley' button would sell millions or pet rocks??!! If Wilber and Orville gave up on the plane as a stupid idea, NASA would have never gotten off the ground. lol

So what are you dreaming of? If it's good, maybe God put it there in your heart. What if you fail? What if you succeed? You might need to do a study on a simple man called Sam Walton. The Bible says "Fear not." Why? Because most people are cowards when it comes to doing something new or different. I put a friends gift of a boat motor propeller on the back of my bike and it makes me laugh every time I see it. It cost me $10 in elbows and stuff. Maybe I'll market it as a Arky Turbo prop. Now don't you go doing this. As Nike says "Just Do It" The Bible says "With God all things are possible." Go for it!!!!

Have a great day and remember I'm praying for you. (especially some of you rascals)
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Bike Rally Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Bike Rally

Post by trip March 9th 2014, 6:05 am

Wish I could make it to your rally, and thanks for the encouragement to move forward on an item on my bucket list.  Cool
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Bike Rally Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Bike Rally

Post by actionpack March 9th 2014, 4:11 pm

thanks dino and have fun at the meet up
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter