Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope :........ late

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope :........ late Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope :........ late

Post by Psalmist January 4th 2014, 7:07 pm

One of my great friends is a man from our church. Before retiring, he was a high school band teacher at one of our biggest schools. His name is Richard Peer. One of his favorite sayings is "if you're not 15 minutes early, you're late!" So for 2014 I'm going to try to live by that. This is going to be a major challenge for me. I'm used to living late. This mentality has crept into many peoples heads. Some people I work with at the church live late. What this does is frustrate those that came on time or early.

People are ontime or early to what they want to be. If you knew someone was going to be at the bank giving out new hundred dollar bills to the first 50 customers, you definitely would be early. We got to WalMart two hours before they sold those Christmas sale tv's.

Pr 12:
The diligent find freedom in their work; the lazy are oppressed by work.

Pr 14:35 -
Diligent work gets a warm commendation; shiftless work earns an angry rebuke.

Pr 15:19 -
The path of lazy people is overgrown with briers; the diligent walk down a smooth road.

I have learned a good lesson this week in diligence . Knowing there was going to be some cold snowy days ahead, we gathered some roadside tree sections that were left for the street maintenance. Our astro van became a lumber truck along with a good friend and his truck. Thanks Mitchell. We got a large amount of Hackberry and Oak split and stacked. Ok some of it is piled and tarped.

So try to work this year with integrity and diligence. Come in early and do the best job you can. Don't be afraid to ask for help or clarity. Let's make this our best year ever. I hope you have a great year in Jesus Christ. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope :........ late Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope :........ late

Post by trip January 5th 2014, 7:29 am

A good lesson for the young folks. Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope :........ late Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope :........ late

Post by actionpack January 5th 2014, 3:11 pm

early bird always get the worms , thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter