Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Is there a God

5 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Is there a God Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Is there a God

Post by Psalmist January 15th 2011, 11:23 pm

I heard about a dislexic insomniac athiest that stayed up all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Is there a God? In short, yes there is a God. Actually there are millions. Anything that holds your attention and affection is a god. That god might take on the appearance of paper, power, or property. Paper in monetary or money substance is worshipped constantly. "If I just get $$ I'll be happy!" The Bible doesn't say money is the root of all evil.

1Ti 3:3 not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money.

1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Heb 13:5 Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,"

For some people, they can't get enough. They sometimes go to prison for that god. What a lousy god it is. It doesn't care, hear, or feel on it's own. I'm not against money and I don't believe being poor intentionally is Godly. I have good Christian friends that could buy a Corvette with cash, but don't. Why? Because they are aware of what people might say or think. If I had the money to buy a new bike, I'd be at the dealer's today.

Can a bike be a god? Sure, along with any other tangible item. I enjoy bikes of all kinds. Some are more comfy than others. Some are louder...etc than mine. Over the past 10 years, I've bought/rode/sold close to a dozen bikes. My current bike I've owned twice. When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 2 yrs ago I sold this wing to ride something lower. After a year on the VTX 1800N I traded it for another wing which I traded for this wing again. My wife and I have taken many wonderful long trips on it, and I look forward to many more.

Power and authority can be a destructive god. I believe satan promised 1/3 of the angels this...just before God threw them out of heaven to the Earth and under the Earth. With more power and authority you can do this and that. But will that make you 'happy'? I don't think so. Again it's fine to have this, as long as it doesn't 'have you'.

Lu 3:14 Some soldiers were questioning him, saying, "And what about us, what shall we do?" And he said to them, "Do not take money from anyone by force, or accuse anyone falsely, and be content with your wages."

2Co 12:10 -Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Php 4:11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.

1Ti 6:8 - If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content. You gotta serve somebody. I think Bob Dylan sang it pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AWgnsYECLo

Who or what will you worship for eternity? The God I worship is bigger than life. Is there a God? Yes. Do you have to see Him to believe in Him?

Joh 20:29 - Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

I realize in posting this, many will post cheap shots to the contrary. And that's ok. They feel the need to prove they're right. Could they start another thread? Will they? I hope you have a great week and find God real for yourself. Remember I'm praying for you. Make it a great year!

Dino
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Is there a God Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Is there a God

Post by smokum January 16th 2011, 6:25 am

Sobering truth. Good sermon.
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Is there a God Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Is there a God

Post by actionpack January 16th 2011, 11:20 am

good words dino , thanks for all your thoughts and work
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Railrider January 30th 2011, 5:57 pm

Dino, You never cease to amaze me your messages. Sunday Mornin' Hope : Is there a God 458460
Railrider
Railrider
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1692

Back to top Go down

Post by Redleg January 30th 2011, 10:27 pm

TU
Redleg
Redleg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down