Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope: "Go to bed."

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope: "Go to bed." Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope: "Go to bed."

Post by Psalmist June 4th 2016, 8:11 pm

Sunday Mornin' Hope : "Go to bed."

Mathew 11:28-29 Jesus said 'Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden. I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'

I was at a friends house last week and he had his two granddaughters over. They treat those two young ladies like princesses. These are great grandparents, in more than one way. The girls come over come over from their preschool about three o'clock. each afternoon. I enjoyed the routine drama that took place. Nana told the girls "After your snack you're going to bed for a nap." I thought yeah, this ought to be good. Where's the popcorn? They both went to their designated rooms. This ought to be good for the grandparents to get some rest too. It wasn't two minutes before the oldest snuck out her room and into the younger with toys. Nana threatened them with their life if they didn't go to bed. Going to bed and going to sleep are two different things. Going to bed is just a pause before the next great adventure. After three attempts nana gave in to their challenges and brought them out of their prisons. They were just too wound up to go to sleep. I give the girls credit for going to bed each time. But they definitely were not going to go to sleep.

What's on your screen? Are you too stirred to rest at night. Do you have projects in the garage calling to you from your bike? 'Come to me and add that better seat.' or 'You really need to measure the fairing for 15 inch subs. Okay that won't fit. Let's put one in the trunk with a reverse ported driver. And don't forget the 1000 watt rms power amp. Oh and while your at it, add some soumowakeetuutie 6 inch speakers in the fairing.' Then you become so obsessed with these ideas that you CAN'T sleep. I learned a good lesson from owning a music store for 15 years. Musicians and motorcyclists are always almost there. And with that next 'widget' they will be there...until a new 'widget' comes out. Then it starts over. I've added so many NEEDED 'widgets' to my VTX that it barely resembles the original Neo. It looks more like a FLHTCUI. Except It has water cooling which extends the life by about three times more. Hopefully you get to the place where the bike is where you want it and you can rest from many projects. At least for a few months, you can enjoy the ride; until the next rally. Then you will NEED that 32 inch front tire and .......
Why did Jesus speak to His followers about rest? Maybe they were stressing at night and talking in their sleep "Bring more bread and catfish to the next outing." or 'Next time stop by the store and pick up wine before the wedding." Stop asking Jesus stupid questions before looking around for resources." Jesus probably laughed a lot with these guys and ladies. The Bible says that God JOYS over us with singing. Jesus is really happy with you. He's not finished with you. He wants us to change, and He will help us. He's not stressed. So don't you be stressed. Take one project at a time. Maybe you've been battling anger or depression. Take it one bolt at a time. Ask Jesus to help you. He will. Don't be hard on yourself. We all make 'mistrakes'. Have a great week and go for a ride. Ride to church tomorrow and wear your leathers proudly. Put all those rally pins and patches on your vest. You are blessed. I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope: "Go to bed." Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope: "Go to bed."

Post by trip June 4th 2016, 9:54 pm

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter