Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Which 'anyone' are you?

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Which 'anyone' are you? Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Which 'anyone' are you?

Post by Psalmist June 22nd 2013, 10:35 pm

What the Father Does, the Son Does
John 5 19So Jesus explained himself at length. "I'm telling you this straight. The Son can't independently do a thing, only what he sees the Father doing. What the Father does, the Son does. 20The Father loves the Son and includes him in everything he is doing."But you haven't seen the half of it yet, 21for in the same way that the Father raises the dead and creates life, so does the Son. The Son gives life to anyone he chooses. 22Neither he nor the Father shuts anyone out. The Father handed all authority to judge over to the Son 23so that the Son will be honored equally with the Father. Anyone who dishonors the Son, dishonors the Father, for it was the Father's decision to put the Son in the place of honor.24"It's urgent that you listen carefully to this: Anyone here who believes what I am saying right now and aligns himself with the Father, who has in fact put me in charge, has at this very moment the real, lasting life and is no longer condemned to be an outsider. This person has taken a giant step from the world of the dead to the world of the living.

As I was reading this from the Message Bible this morning I saw something new. We have a choice to be anyone we want. We can be an outsider in God's kingdom by dishonoring the Son Jesus Christ. This will lead to condemnation. BUT, we can also choose to be an 'anyone' who honors Jesus Christ and receive 'real lasting life and is no longer condemned to be an outsider'. In other words, God sends no one to hell. They go there by their own choices. And those who honor Jesus Christ 'has taken a giant step from the world of the dead to the world of the living'!! When you accepted Jesus Christ into your heart as your Savior, you changed your destiny. It's all about choices. Some people make choices of great risk and become rich. Others run away from risk and live average lives. Have you ever thought 'If I'd only done this back when I had the chance.' ?? Sure, we all have. Are you taking a risk today in hopes of a better tomorrow? Do you have dreams of success but are afraid to 'step out of the boat'? Be like Peter and step out of the boat (box). What's the worst thing that can happen if you risk some? It might fail, but at least you tried. BUT, what if it succeeds? Research Colonel Sanders chicken story. He was rejected so many times, but he didn't quit.

Matthew 25:14-30 14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. 15 And unto one he gave five talents, F49 to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. 16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents. 17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two. 18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money. 19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them. 20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more. 21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. 22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. 23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. 24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. 26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: 27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. 28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. 29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. 30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

If you honor Jesus Christ, he might bless you and your investment in ways beyond numbers. Nothing is easy, and you might not see the fruit of your work for a long time. But don't give up. Don't lose hope. When things get hard, don't quit or get bound up with the fear of failure.

Last monday a friend of mine lost hope and couldn't bear to fail one more time. He killed himself in a parking lot. I'm still having a hard time dealing with this. I had talked to him three days earlier and everything seemed fine. When things like this happen around me, I become all the more determined to tell as many as I can about the hope and love of Jesus Christ.

"I'm just a nobody trying to tell everybody,
about somebody, who can save anybody."

That's a song by the Williams Brothers. You can find it on youtube. It's good. Here's a link to the lyrics http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/williams_brothers/im_just_a_nobody-lyrics-1168694.html

I hope you are one of the 'anyone's who have chosen to honor Jesus Christ and live for Him. If you want to know more about this wonderful life in Jesus Christ, simply ask Him to forgive you of all your sins. Then ask Jesus to come into your life and make you new. He will. If you need help, pm me and I'll give you my ph # and pray with you. You are worth the death of God's only Son. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down