Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : For unto us

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : For unto us Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : For unto us

Post by Psalmist December 12th 2015, 11:26 pm

Isaiah 9:6

Sunday Mornin' Hope : For unto us

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Hundreds of years before Jesus was born, Isaiah prophesied that verse. It is so magnificent and almost impossible to really fully understand. At the time it was written, this prophet was not liked by his peers. They hated him but God loved him and used him a lot. God used or uses a lot of unpopular or untalented people. Most of the time He speaks through anyone that will make themselves available. People ask "So, What is God saying?" That's a good and fair question. Frustrated people complain "Where is God? Why doesn't God ever talk or say something to me?" My answer is "Have you been reading your Bible lately?"

When we read the Bible, it's like He's been reading your mail or watching over you from a distance. Many times I'll be reading and think 'That wasn't in there before. This is all new.' The Bible never gets old or boring. God is always speaking or broadcasting. It's a matter of us turning our radio on to listen. And then what if we don't like what we 'hear'? The Bible is convicting about what we are taking in. Because of our nature we sin (often willfully) and push God's grace. "I can repent later." we think. Well that's true, but is it worth the cost of disappointing your best friend and yourself? He can and will forgive you. But there has been a tear in the blessing of anointing . I would never give one of my children a high priced cycle if I knew they they're going to be doing burnouts and wheelie's down Main street. There are some bikes I would never let them buy, like 'crotch rockets' that make them have their head over the handlebars and their feet on the rear signal lenses. God is a good father who only gives us what we can handle. He watches to see what we do with what He gives us. He also shows us what He wants to give us when we pass some tests.

If Jesus came to Earth in the form of a dazzling superstar with robes of spectacular brilliant flashes and Lightning bolts exploding and sounds shaking the mountains would you think you could relate to Him? When you go to some concerts, flash pods and dynamite explode the sky. These in comparison are more like those 4th of July worms that grow when lit to the magnificence of His glory. But He emptied Himself of all that. "For unto us a child is born." He came as a child.

"Unto us a son is given." Who gave us this 'son'? A father. The Father and His only son decided it was time for redemption. "For God so loved the world that He gave.." Jn 3:16 Why did God do this? Because He really loves us.

I hope and pray you have a great week. Get some good riding in. Listen to His word as He delights in you. You are the apple of His eye, the most precious part. Delight in Him again. I'm praying for you still.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : For unto us Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : For unto us

Post by trip December 13th 2015, 7:44 am

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter