Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Moving Forward

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Moving Forward Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Moving Forward

Post by Psalmist December 28th 2013, 7:26 pm

57 As they were going along the road, someone said to Him, "I will follow You wherever You go." 58 And Jesus said to him, "The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." 59 And He said to another, "Follow Me." But he said, "Lord, permit me first to go and bury my father." 60 But He said to him, "Allow the dead to bury their own dead; but as for you, go and proclaim everywhere the kingdom of God." 61 Another also said, "I will follow You, Lord; but first permit me to say good-bye to those at home." 62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. Luke 9

Take some time tonight and read again the whole chapter of Luke 9. It's quite the exciting action chapter. The chapter centers around having faith for humanly impossible deeds. We are moving forward everyday whether we approve of it or not. You can't live or stay in yesterday. Hopefully we have learned from some of our mistrakes of yesterday and fixed them for our tomorrow's. As we start Luke 9 the disciples are sent out to do mighty acts in Jesus name. I'm sure they were as amazed as Herod. Even he was getting news of their accomplishments, so it must've been more than headaches being healed. After many saw these wonderful miracles, they wanted to join Him on a part time status. Maybe they could get in on it during the weekends or evenings then go back home. Jesus told one requesting to follow, "I don't have a home or any place to rest each night." In another chapter Jesus delights in their deeds by saying "I saw Satan falling like lightning."

Jesus wants us to put our hand to the plow and not look back. We need to look forward in order for us to make good straight lines. We need to let go totally of our failures. We've all said and done things wrong....today. God's mercy is NOT getting what we deserve. His mercies are new every morning, like the newspaper subscription on our front porch. He gives us a new supply to last the day. It's kinda rough when they run out before noon.

Phillipians 3:13 -
Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,

There is a song by Ricardo Sanchez called "Moving Forward" you need to hear. Download it on YouTube and give it a listen. Let it be your anthem for 2014. Remember I'm praying for you.

Moving Forward

Verse 1
What a moment you have brought me to,
Such a freedom I have found in you,
You’re the healer, who makes all things new,
Yeah, yeah, yeahhhhh

Chorus
I’m not going back I’m moving ahead,
I’m here to declare to you that my past is over,
in you old things are made new,
I surrender my life to Christ,
I’m moving, moving forward.

Verse 2
You have risen with all power in your hands;
You have given me a second change
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, yeah, yeah, yeahhhh.

Bridge
You make all things new,
You make all things new,
And I will follow you forward.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Moving Forward Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Moving Forward

Post by trip December 28th 2013, 7:56 pm

Letting go is a hard thing to do sometimes. Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Moving Forward Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Moving Forward

Post by actionpack December 29th 2013, 2:17 pm

very hard wes in deed , my head is full of memorys , thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down