Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : That You God?

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : That You God? Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : That You God?

Post by Psalmist August 27th 2011, 10:52 pm

You Tube

Is it just a coincidence that all these catastrophes are happening one after another and some at the same time? Record setting heat waves, major tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, and now huricanes. Add to this the economic collapse, suicide records among the armed forces and on and on. What is going on? Is there a pattern and what's next? Where is God in all of this? Is there a safe place to live or work? Is your job guaranteed even? Where is your anchor or rock to hold onto? What or who do you trust in times like these? Can you find "UP" ?

My wife and I were invited by one of her friends to come out to LA for the 84 Olympics. We were the typical tourists. We went to many of the local traps. We watched the Johnny Carson taping and drove by the stars (in the sidewalk) of Hollywood. Several days were spent at the beach. One day the waves were quite high and I had a innertube. So I rode many waves that day. One particular wave curled on me and spun me underwater for close to a minute. I couldn't find 'up'. Panic set in as I kicked and tried to bounce to the surface. Finally I surfaced and decided I was through for the day. Have you ever felt like you were drowning? That's a sobering question many are facing today. Overwhelmed by bills and obligations? Maybe your family and home are out of order, and the waves of life keep flipping you over. You're having MAJOR problems finding 'up'. Where can you turn to? Will that next __________ restore your life and joy. Well maybe for a short time, then something's missing again. Where does your hope come from?

Ps 31:24 -Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the LORD.

Ps 33:18 -Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, On those who hope for His lovingkindness,

Ps 38:15 - For I hope in You, O LORD; You will answer, O Lord my God.

I think musicians and motorcyclists are alot alike. They think "If I just get this _________, I'll be satified and complete." Then when they (insert "I") get it................, well you've been there. And the persuit goes on. After you won/purchased this and get it home, hmm it must've changed. Remember the first VCR? Top loading and cost around $1000. You thought YOU arrived. Now for $59 you can get a vcr/dvd player in WalMart. I remember spending a day cutting holes in my Wing's trunk for the wires and remote of my 6 cd changer. It worked fantastic on smooth roads and in my garage. Do you look to 'things' to bring you peace and joy. I agree these can satisfy some desires temporarily. Does God want you to enjoy life? Absolutely. The Bible says "The joy of the Lord is my strength". He has joy and gives it to us too for our strength.

But where is God when all things seem to be heading south? Why does God allow you to go thru hell? Ever ask "What did I do to deserve this?" Someone else gets all the breaks and yours is broken. Sometimes you feel like you live in hell. Where is God? If there is a God, why doesn't He do something about this? I don't understand alot of God's ways, but I trust Him. My heart sometimes gets weary from taking alot of chemo and radiation. I've just started a new round of 15 radiation treatments to my hip and left ribs. My chemo was just changed to Zytiga pills. With all this, I can feel like I'm in one of those storms of life. But in it all, I've learned "Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus".

Proverbs 3:1-6 1 My son, do not forget my teaching, But let your heart keep my commandments; 2 For length of days and years of life And peace they will add to you. 3 Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart. 4 So you will find favor and good repute In the sight of God and man. 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

When crazy weather becomes the norm on a continual basis, look up and listen. You might hear strange noises like in that video at the top. There might be a shofar on the lips of Gabriel the angel. Are these the last days? I believe so. Is Obama the antichrist? No I don't think so. I don't believe he's smart enough. When the skies open up and brilliant colors explode just look up and ask "That You God?" I hope you have the best week of your life. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : That You God? Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : That You God?

Post by jaarch August 28th 2011, 12:39 am

Wow Dino! Every time I get into that stinking thinking mode, You post something that really makes me think and pulls me right out of it. Thank you Brother and I'm praying for you as well. TU
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : That You God? Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : That You God?

Post by actionpack August 28th 2011, 12:45 pm

thanks dino , you are a true witness for the LORD , TU
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum August 30th 2011, 10:31 pm

Thanks Dino, as Joe said! Always excellant...
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist August 31st 2011, 2:43 am

Thanks y'all!!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down