Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : If Moses was a biker

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : If Moses was a biker Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : If Moses was a biker

Post by Psalmist November 16th 2013, 11:04 pm

4So Moses cut two tablets of stone just like the originals. He got up early in the morning and climbed Mount Sinai as GOD had commanded him, carrying the two tablets of stone. 5GOD descended in the cloud and took up his position there beside him and called out the name, GOD. 6GOD passed in front of him and called out, "GOD, GOD, a God of mercy and grace, endlessly patient--so much love, so deeply true--7loyal in love for a thousand generations, forgiving iniquity, rebellion, and sin. Still, he doesn't ignore sin. He holds sons and grandsons responsible for a father's sins to the third and even fourth generation."
8At once, Moses fell to the ground and worshiped, 9saying, "Please, O Master, if you see anything good in me, please Master, travel with us, hard-headed as these people are. Forgive our iniquity and sin. Own us, possess us."
10And GOD said, "As of right now, I'm making a covenant with you: In full sight of your people I will work wonders that have never been created in all the Earth, in any nation. Then all the people with whom you're living will see how tremendous GOD's work is, the work I'll do for you. 11Take careful note of all I command you today. I'm clearing your way by driving out Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. 12Stay vigilant. Don't let down your guard lest you make covenant with the people who live in the land that you are entering and they trip you up. Message Bible Exodus 34

Lately in my early morning devotions I've been in Exodus. Moses was a humble man who literally walked with God. And boy did he walk. I think if he was here today he might've rode a GL1500 Goldwing. There was a rider named Jari Saarelainen who crossed 70,000 miles and 43 countries in 752 days on a GoldWing 1500. Yes, I know there have been may great bikes before and since, but none have done this. He actually made Guiness Book of Records! So I think Moses might use one of those bikes to lead those stubborn bikers to the Promised Land.

What really impresses me about Moses is his humbleness. He tries several ways to talk God OUT of using him to deliver Israel. This wasn't false humility either. Moses really believed he wasn't God's man. Why did God use Moses? It was because of his lineage. He was part of God's promise to Abraham and Joseph. God usually uses the least likely qualified people to do the greatest achievements. When David's father presented his sons for anointing to be king, he had left little David and his guitar out in the fields. His brothers were much more 'qualified' to serve as king than David. Does the man make history, or does history make the man? God has to scare Moses with a snake and leprousy just to convince him. Then when Moses agrees, he asks God His name. And all he gets is "I Am". That would be a tough one for me. I would be waiting for God to finish the sentence with something like "I Am Thor!" or something powerful.

Yes if Moses had a Goldwing he could've ridden to Egypt in two days to see the Pharaoh. Israel could've ridden to the promised land in about three days. During that time it was about an 11 day journey. But God couldn't trust Israel. If they got in a hard place, they would've turned around. So God led them out for 40 years of walking. There they learned the goodness and provision of God. Sometimes God takes us out for a walk so that we too might learn to trust Him. Life is a circle of parties and deserts. We enjoy the top of the circle where it's a celebration. But we can't hear God there. He leads us into the desert where the silence is deafening. It's in those quiet moments that we can hear His whisper clearly. Then again we return to the party and share. Then back again to learn some more.

David wrote "though I walk thru the valley..." . I Think he would have preferred not to walk thru them or even go near them. But it's a walk we all must take . One of my greatest challenges is to embrace God's work in the valley. Here's the hope. We will walk THRU those valleys and not have to fear anything.

I hope you still have some good riding weather left in the year. We're looking at 73 and sunny tomorrow. You know where I'll be. Have a great week and remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : If Moses was a biker Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : If Moses was a biker

Post by trip November 17th 2013, 5:46 am

Thanks Dino. I had never heard of Jari Saarelainen.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : If Moses was a biker Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : If Moses was a biker

Post by Simpleman77 November 17th 2013, 6:01 am

Good read, Dino. Thank you.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist November 17th 2013, 6:19 am

Thanks guys . Yeah it's an amazing venture, and you can probably google him to get the whole story.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack November 17th 2013, 9:50 am

good words dino , thanks
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down