Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Seriously!

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Seriously! Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Seriously!

Post by Psalmist March 15th 2014, 3:03 pm

The Test

1Next Jesus was taken into the wild by the Spirit for the Test. The Devil was ready to give it. 2Jesus prepared for the Test by fasting forty days and forty nights. That left him, of course, in a state of extreme hunger, 3which the Devil took advantage of in the first test: "Since you are God's Son, speak the word that will turn these stones into loaves ...of bread."

4Jesus answered by quoting Deuteronomy: "It takes more than bread to stay alive. It takes a steady stream of words from God's mouth."

5For the second test the Devil took him to the Holy City. He sat him on top of the Temple and said, 6"Since you are God's Son, jump." The Devil goaded him by quoting Psalm 91: "He has placed you in the care of angels. They will catch you so that you won't so much as stub your toe on a stone."

7Jesus countered with another citation from Deuteronomy: "Don't you dare test the Lord your God."

8For the third test, the Devil took him on the peak of a huge mountain. He gestured expansively, pointing out all the earth's kingdoms, how glorious they all were. 9Then he said, "They're yours--lock, stock, and barrel. Just go down on your knees and worship me, and they're yours."

10Jesus' refusal was curt: "Beat it, Satan!" He backed his rebuke with a third quotation from Deuteronomy: "Worship the Lord your God, and only him. Serve him with absolute single-heartedness."

11The Test was over. The Devil left. And in his place, angels! Angels came and took care of Jesus' needs. (Matt 4)

When Jesus left heaven, He didn't leave His memory behind. He remembered the majestic mountains and unbelievable sights only found in heaven. If we conceptualize heaven as only a white floor with lots of quiet people, we've missed a large part of what's going on. There will be a short time of silence, but I think that will be a breathless moment as we try to take in the magnificent. Some who say they've been there and came back, talk of thinking things and suddenly it's in their hands. "At the speed of thought." Incredible.

So this fallen created being called lucifer (not worthy of capitalizing) took Jesus to the 'best seat in the house' to show Him what he had to offer the One who created him. Today it might look like the SF bridge, Seatle needle, Empire State bldg., and maybe the St Louis Arch. All these man made structures limited by gravity and time, and Jesus just blank stare at lucifer asking "Seriously?" You want me to bow and worship for this? Seriously?"

Last summer I was at a bike show and all the new "Indian" motorcycles were on display with free demo rides. My current ride is a 1800 Goldwing that has more gadgets and widgets than I deserve. so I signed up to ride their starship. It was a full dressed bike with all the whistles and bells. The stereo had a 100 watt power amp that made the bike rattle. I loved the bass, but the rattle was way underwhelming. After the ride I shared my opinions and appreciation to ride a nice bike. I couldn't sign the papers they were encouraging me to. For $32,000, I just couldn't agree to that value. Riding the wing home (paid for) I thought about that nice bike; but I never turned around.

So what is it worth to you? Seriously? Our life here is so temporary. Our bikes will someday be recycled into auto parts and 2 liters, but we will go on. What will you be riding in 200 tears? Seriously? Did you think your incredible fingerprint or hand muscles came by accident? This is all in order of a bigger master plan. Jesus wants you to reach others with the truth of His love. He called you to tell them the bridge is out. I desperately want to see you riding next to me in heaven. My Gold Wing might actually have them.

Have a fantastic week, and remember I'm praying for you. Seriously!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Seriously! Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Seriously!

Post by trip March 15th 2014, 9:56 pm

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack March 16th 2014, 3:58 pm

thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon March 17th 2014, 6:10 pm

Thanks Dino
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down