Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Never alone

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Never alone Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Never alone

Post by Psalmist December 21st 2013, 10:37 pm

18Jesus, undeterred, went right ahead and gave his charge: "God authorized and commanded me to commission you: 19Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. 20Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."Matt 28

One of my greatest delights is riding with friends to Sturgis or other distant places. Out on the open road you get to meet some of the greatest people. Some of you might remember a tv show called "Then came Bronson" from a long time ago. This was before cell phones and Apple was a record company in England. I used to watch that whenever possible . He would always ride with his sleeping bag on the handlebars and sometimes a pack behind him. He did most of his riding alone, but always had time for a pretty face. That show ran in 1969 for one year.

When I ride on these trips with my friends, we don't rough it like Bronson did. My Wing is loaded down with all kinds of stuff. We carry spare tires and pull campers full of stuff. After about 6 hrs we set up camp for the night. My friends have ac units and other "necessary" items (read 'stuff') onboard.

Another ride I do yearly is a solo ride to see my mom in Northern Michigan. This is usually a long ride and I hotel it. I really enjoy this ride a lot because I have time by myself and can feel the presence of God. My mom is a lot of fun too.

During the Christmas season many people spend it alone. Some suffer from depression and loneliness. Often times they hate Christmas because of this. During college I spent one Christmas alone. It was awful! Watching Mary Tyler Moore and drinking a carton of eggnog was all I had. But even then I could feel the presence/presents of Jesus Christ. When He said He'd never leave us, He wasn't kidding. Till the end of time, He promised to be with us. And He always is.

If you find yourself alone this Christmas, embrace and enjoy it or change it. Be a friend and make friends. I hope this is one of the best Christmas's of your life. Maybe you'll get some chrome or leather this year and not coal. Maybe you'll get a sleeping bag for your handlebars. Remember this is the season we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Have a great ride! I'm praying for you.

Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Never alone Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Never alone

Post by actionpack December 22nd 2013, 7:00 am

amen dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter