Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Can you hear me now?

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Can you hear me now? Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Can you hear me now?

Post by Psalmist March 24th 2012, 7:34 pm

Mark 4 : 18
"And others are the ones on whom seed was sown among the thorns; these are the ones who have heard the word, 19 but the worries of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. 20 "And those are the ones on whom seed was sown on the good soil; and they hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirty, sixty, and a hundredfold." 21 And He was saying to them, "A lamp is not brought to be put under a basket, is it, or under a bed? Is it not brought to be put on the lampstand? 22
"For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light. 23 "If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear." 24 And He was saying to them, "Take care what you listen to. By your standard of measure it will be measured to you; and more will be given you besides. 25 "For whoever has, to him more shall be given; and whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him."

Jesus said in verse 24 "Take care what you listen to.." There are some people in your life that really bless and help you. They are fun to hang around with. When they text you you know it's worth opening. What are you listening to? Do you let negative people influence your decisions and destiny? Or do you surround yourself with wise people. Wise people will encourage and work along side you. King David spoke about wise counsel in his first psalm.
1:1

How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!

1:2 -

But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.

1:3 -
He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.

Last summer I took on the task of replacing the 'stator' on my GL1200 LTD. These stators are notorious for going out and costing major buck to replace. The stator itself doesn't cost so much. But getting to it requires taking the bike apart, (removing the motor) and alot of wiring. The stator is 'deep in the heart of Texas". My qualifications as a mechanic is oil and sparkplug changing.
Fortunately, There were some fantastic and PATIENT friends online in the Goldwing forums. They walked me thru each step. We got it done in about a week.

The 1800 wing I have is the plain Jane model (no CB radio and no CD player). So, with a trip to Sturgis in the plans, I decided to try to put in a cb radio. The right faring pocket is just big enough for a small radio, if you take out the basket. Another wise friend and I went after this task of routing antenna wire, power to the radio and using one of the regular speakers for
audio. Well we're part of the way thru. The cb I had in the garage for 15 yrs was installed and sounded pretty bad. It sends ok but the sound is full of feedback. So he loaned me another radio and antenna. Hopefull this will fit and work.

When you have a decision to make, bounce the idea off a good friend. If you're having a problem with someone or something; be EXTRA careful where you get counsel from. Pray and ask God for wisdom. NEVER ask God for patience. He'll give it to you through hard times. Sometimes God is asking "Can you hear me now?" In life there seems to be two dominant stages in a circle. At the top of the circle is the 'party'. At the bottom is the desert. We rejoice and have a great time at the party, but seldom hear God's counsel there. So He calls us and or takes us to the desert of life. In the desert we can hear God's voice clearly. A whisper is deafening in the desert.

Col 1:9 -

For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,

I hope you abound in wisdom this week, and if you're working on a bike project; I really hope you get wise counsel. Have a great week and remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Can you hear me now? Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Can you hear me now?

Post by actionpack March 26th 2012, 9:26 pm

read this last nite , thinking i replyed , but looks like a brain cell malfuntion happened , thanks dino , good message
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down