Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Thanks

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Thanks Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Thanks

Post by Psalmist November 14th 2015, 9:02 pm

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Thanks

1 Chron 16:34

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.

Today was such a great day for a ride! Sunny and sixty degrees, You can't get much better of a combination. My friend Tommy and I headed out to a town about 45 minutes away. When it's so nice, you just have to take your time. So we took the long way. Seeing the leaves changing color and being with a good friend; I give thanks to God for this. Having a great bike to ride is a gift from God. In our lives we get spoiled by bikes, friends, family, and mostly God.

This morning a friend and I were talking about Pink Lady apples. They have become a reason for me to ride to Walmart and back. They are just that good. They are kind of a cross of Granny Smith and red apples. They are tart yet sweet. The skin just about makes you pucker. My friend said he sucks the core to get every last flavor out of it. I'm not that extreme, but I do have my favorite Wilkinson pocket knife to dice them up with. They are hard like Granny Smith green apples.

What are you thankful for? Are you glad you ride one of the greatest bikes known to man (in your opinion)? At this time I have two Honda 1800's. One is a VTX 1800 Neo, and the other is a Goldwing loaded for bear. I'm not sure what a bear would do with it, but it's loaded for one. I am very thankful for these bikes amongst many other gifts in my life. Battling cancer makes it somewhat of a challenge to enjoy a ride. But after 20 minutes in the saddle, my muscles loosen up, and riding becomes a pleasure again. I admire those who have stayed with their bike and triked them or bought a new trike. My buddy is around 73 and has invested appx $35,000 in his trike. Even the highway patrol liked it until it flashed bright blue lizard lights. Then we were all taught the importance of NOT having blue LED's on our bikes.

Whatever you have been blessed with, give thanks to God for it. He alone is good and His mercy never stops but endures forever. I'm glad I have an Ultimate seat on my VTX and a Hartco President on my Wing. I am thankful for my home, family, friends, and this forum that allows me to post. What are you thankful for? I hope you have a great week and get lots of good riding in. Watch out for wet leaves. They can do tricks to your paint and the general appearance of your bike. I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Thanks Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Thanks

Post by trip November 14th 2015, 10:19 pm

Thanks Dino. So much to be thankful for.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack November 15th 2015, 10:43 am

same here , i'v had a wonderful life and been very blessed to have a wonderful family , and food on the table ,
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down