Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : "I'll be there."

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : "I'll be there." Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : "I'll be there."

Post by Psalmist September 27th 2014, 2:33 pm

Have you ever had someone not show up? There was a day when there was no contracts and people would 'give their word' or 'Their word was their bond'. That meant you could 'take that to the bank'. You could count on them to come thru. A few months ago we went to the bank for some legal affairs and had to sign a bunch of papers. I think one paper said that we read all the papers and understood them. Yeah right! When we purchased our house I felt like the president of the United States signing some critical documents. I could have used a dozen Bic pens then given them away to be sold on Ebay. I recognized a few of the documents like how long and how much. I was waiting for the finger print machine and blood sample lady. These are contracts or oaths. The Bible refers to people 'swearing' to each other or giving their 'word'. No they weren't cussing at each other. This was their verbal agreement.

Ge 21:23 now therefore, swear to me here by God that you will not deal falsely with me or with my offspring or with my posterity, but according to the kindness that I have shown to you, you shall show to me and to the land in which you have sojourned."

Ge 21:24 - Abraham said, "I swear it."

Ge 24:3 - and I will make you swear by the LORD, the God of heaven and the God of earth, that you shall not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I live,

Ge 24:37 -"My master made me swear, saying, `You shall not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, in whose land I live;

Ge 25:33 -And Jacob said, "First swear to me"; so he swore to him, and sold his birthright to Jacob.

Ge 47:31 - He said, "Swear to me." So he swore to him. Then Israel bowed in worship at the head of the bed.
Before our big ride to St. Joseph, Huron SD, Sturgis (Custer State Park), Yellowstone, Craig CO. Bailey CO. Woodland Park CO. and Ellsworth, KS. we needed to give our word when we were coming and make arrangements. When you book a hotel or a cruise, you get a confirmation number. This way you are guaranteed to have that place reserved for you. When you bought that bike and the bank financed it you signed an agreement to pay and insure it. Remember how wonderful that last payment was? Then you saw another bike.... but I'm not going there. When you found the love of your life you signed a marriage license which was a promise for life. That license meant forever til death do you part. Some have only signed "for richer.....and health" and didn't count the cost of 'for poorer and in sickness'. A good friend of mine cleans properties for a living and comes across a lot of odd things. One house he was cleaning had a marriage license hanging from the mantle. On it was a black magic marker writing "I'VE NEVER WENT BACK ON MY VOWS".

2Pe 3:9 - The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

2Pe 3:13 - But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

1Jo 2:25 -This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life.

God gave us His Word and His promise: eternal life. All that we own, the bikes we ride will someday break and fall apart (hopefully not while we're on them). Our bodies will someday begin to wear out. Your hands or feet will not be as they used to be. Are you prepared for this? It's good to get things in order before that day comes. God is patient with us and calls us to repentance so we can live eternally with Him in Heaven. I think Heaven might be more than just a human dimension of length width and height. Betelgeuse might be just the front door to heaven. I've got a place that 'outshines the sun'. Do you? How big is this superstar? Oh yeah, it's not the biggest.

www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/63379

•Last updated: Sep 26, 2014 ·
•2 posts ·
•First post: Sep 26,
•" Betelgeuse is a red supergiant star roughly 950 times as large as the Sun, making it one of the largest stars known. For comparison, the diameter of Mars’s orbit around the Sun is 328 times the Sun’s diameter. Infrared studies from spacecraft have revealed that Betelgeuse is surrounded by immense shells of material evidently shed by the star during episodes of mass loss over the past 100,000 years. The largest of these shells has a radius of nearly 7.5 light-years."

OK maybe that didn't impress you like it did me. Check this out to see how big God is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azFFc20_Ub4

Live in God's promises and enjoy this life eternally. I really want to ride with you across galaxies when we're through here. Jesus will give you the desires of your heart If you delight in Him. He's my everything even as this body wears out. My desire is to be like a shooting star riding the galaxies, bringing the Good News to other Earths. Let's go for a ride with Jesus for eternity. "Saddle up your horses, we have a trail to blaze." Have a fantastic week and remember I'm praying for you!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : "I'll be there." Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : "I'll be there."

Post by trip September 28th 2014, 6:44 am

Thank Dino. GOD is awesome.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : "I'll be there." Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : "I'll be there."

Post by NeonLeon September 28th 2014, 7:00 pm

Thank Dino
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack September 28th 2014, 7:20 pm

good message , thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down