Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : "Wamboozled"

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : "Wamboozled" Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : "Wamboozled"

Post by Psalmist July 20th 2013, 10:53 pm

Wamboozled:
To be or get overwhelmed by a surprise fluke.
Rob lost all his money to Lucky Law at the poker game. Robs reply was "I dont know he Wamboozled me!"

Last night was a lot of fun. I got the opportunity of taking out the tub/shower from our bedroom. A few months ago we went out and bought a new tub/shower supposedly that would fit exact the dimensions of our current one. I know I know, I should've done it earlier, but I was waiting for a "round tuit"! It finally came in the male. I invited a friend to come help take it out. Having helped put in the old one, I was familiar with the design behind the sheet rock and where the screws were, so I started early. Unless you do this for a job or do it often, you probably like me, learn as you go. When my friend arrived later last night, it was almost finished. I left the business end of the tub to him, and he came thru with flying colors. Another friend (a good "shade- tree plumber") came over with his 'sawzall', but didn't need it. So he took care of the business end of the tub putting it in.

Someone once said "Measure twice cut once." That's a pretty good rule of thumb and probably works at times. This time it didn't work. As we were fitting the walls into the tub, the long piece and the end piece fit almost perfectly. But the business wall was being cantankerous with all the hardware and the molding of the wall. My friend said "Well that sure "Wamboozled" me!" I had never heard that expression before and was quite 'bamboozled' (confused). We laughed at these words and he explained the definition of that fine word. It took a few tries and eventually it came together.

Words have meanings and powers. Someone said words are like soldiers and accomplish what was said. I have learned not to say "My biggest fear is... or "My anger really has....." because these are like curses to your soul. If you have fear, you have a spirit that God does not give.

Romans8:15 - For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

1Jo 4:18 - There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

Next time you catch yourself talking about your fear, consider the consequences. It has torment associated with it. Rather strive to live in "joy". Jesus Christ wants us to live and stay in joy.

Joh 15:11 -"These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.

Joh 16:24 - Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

1Jo 1:4 - And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.

2Jo 1:12 - Having many things to write to you, I did not wish to do so with paper and ink; but I hope to come to you and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Joy is one of the fruit of the Spirit, which means it takes time to grow. We have been grafted into the Holy Spirit like a branch that is grafted into a good healthy tree. As we grow, so does our fruit. Staying grafted in His presence we gain strength.

Ps 16:11 - You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Ne 8:10 -Then he said to them, "Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

No one wants to stay around someone that is always negative. Some people want to 'waller' like a pig in their depression. "Woe is me...." One of the best cures is to avoid them. People that live to sulk and insult are not likely to have a lot of friends. So what are you to do? Rejoice in what you DO have!

Php 4:4Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

I hope this is the best week of your life. Look for ways to help others and listen to the Spirit of God. Don't be wamboozled or bamboozled by the bumps in the road of life. Let Jesus Christ and His Word be your word. Give your heart to Him. He won't wamboozle you. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : "Wamboozled" Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : "Wamboozled"

Post by trip July 21st 2013, 5:52 am

Good one. Thanks.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter