Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : What are you looking at?

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : What are you looking at? Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : What are you looking at?

Post by Psalmist September 26th 2015, 8:24 pm

Sitting in my big easy chair and watching all the news about the pope; when suddenly and loudly my daughter screams a blood curdling scream. Falling out of my chair and hobbling down the hallway I raced for her room. My legs were fast asleep so I wasn't breaking and land speed records. She stood in the door with a strange puzzling look. She told me she dreamed that she was going to bed in her dream and it was full of giant spiders. We don't like spiders and snakes. But that's another song.

Mt 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

So, who do you look to for advice, friendship, attention, etc.? Is it the pope? Tonight he will address close to a half million people in Philadelphia. If he speaks from the Word of God, I'm all for it. If it's just a social all inclusive gospel, I'm out. Jesus didn't come to make friends with everyone, yet He was forced to get in boats and speak to people from a distance from shore. Will the pope hear you when you pray? Well maybe.... if you're sitting next to him sharing a bowl of tomato bisque.

Psalm 121: 1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. 3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. 4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. 6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. 8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Jesus alone hears our prayers. No pope, disciple, or even mother of Jesus (Mary) can hear your prayers. They were wonderful people, but that's all. They are in paradise with Jesus right now enjoying His presence. So don't waste your time praying to those who can't hear you. You can talk directly to Jesus. He actually enjoys talking and listening to you! How does He do this? I have NO idea. Will you hear Him talk back? Probably not. Do you want Him to speak to you? Open His 'Love Letter' and enjoy it.

A few years ago I was in the bathroom late at night, when I heard this strange scratching in the tub. Pulling back the curtain I saw a giant fox spider. I hate spiders. I turned on the hot water and tried to push him down the drain with the handle of the toilet plunger. He was too big to fit. Then he started running laps around the tub like he was ticked off at me. So I got Patty's hair spray. That should slow him down or even kill him. After half the can was spent on his furry legs and body, he kept circling but slower. So, I ran and got the broom. My partial's were on the bathroom counter, so my speech was impaired some. When I started whacking him with the broom handle Patty got out of bed and sweetly asked "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!???" In a sweaty lather I panted "Pider! Pider!" She went back to bed with a disgusted comment. I destroyed the broom handle as I tore apart that furry arachnoid. Not even the pope could reassemble him. It rained 40 days and 40 nights after that experience.

What are you looking at? Look only to Jesus. He calls you to be His friend. He wants us to look to Him. "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. And all these things will be added to you". Have a fantastic week and watch out for 'piders'. Get some great riding in. I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : What are you looking at? Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : What are you looking at?

Post by trip September 27th 2015, 6:40 am

Thanks Dino. 100% agreement. Even about the spider. I can't kill enough of them.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : What are you looking at? Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : What are you looking at?

Post by actionpack September 27th 2015, 8:36 pm

thanks dino , I like spiders that are outside , and not in my way ,
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down