Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Zingers

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Zingers Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Zingers

Post by Psalmist June 8th 2013, 11:07 pm

Mt 10:16 -
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

I am fortunate to be able to send this post to five different newsgroups and my mom (who sends it out to hundreds of great readers). Most groups respond with a positive response. One group has a reputation of shredding it online. They enjoy putting zingers on the thread. Then other brothers in Christ fire their 'missiles' in repsonse and on it goes for a dozen pages. I'll admit until recently, I did the same thing "in the name of Jesus". A 'zinger' is a smart aleck response. And yes it's sometimes fun to post zingers just to stir the pot. We've all done that before. But the biggest problem is knowing when to stop. Things posted in jest online might be received wrong and really hurt.

I read a really good quote in a book by John Maxwell. It dealt with a tennis pro who was trying to teach a 'know it all' how to play. After a while the pro just nodded his head. When asked by a friend why he just nodded he replied "I learned a long time ago that it is a waste of time to try and sell real answers to anyone who just wants to buy echoes." That's pretty good and very aplicable to what I'm trying here to say.

Jas 1:19 -
You must understand this, my beloved: let everyone be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger;

How much is it worth to put your two cents in? Time is precious and seems to fly by so quickly. What are you spending it on? Who are you spending it with? Are you staying up late on the computer thinking up more zingers to post? Or, are you being productive and making good memories at home?

Today I was working in the garage on my motorcycle camper, getting it ready for Sturgis. One of the rear levelling legs had a weak spring and tended to hang down. Thank God for bungie cords. As I was underneath it I noticed alot of ants on it. So I got my ant sprayer and pumped it up. I sprayed under their like Rambo coming out of the water. I let those ants have it! Then I started thinking "I wonder if there's any inside? I sure don't want to sleep
with them." When I lifted the lid there were ants everywhere, hundreds! So I had to spray the entire inside of the camper. I don't think I'll have that problem again for a few months. Then to redeem the time, we spent time together getting the pool ready and grilling out chicken. I'm so thankful for a good wife that knows better how to grill chicken. My plan was to slow cook them on the second shelf on a sheet of foil. She helped me and put them right. Maybe it was a plan to get her out in the yard with me. hmm?

I don't send zingers to my family via text or FB. That would a total waste of my time. I've also chosen to follow the words of Jesus and work on being gentle as a dove. Why argue a point? You're likely to waste alot of valuable time. James said to be slow to speak. Down here in Arkansas, most people talk very slow. Maybe they think before they talk. Not a bad idea.

Learn to be a great listener. TAKE the time to be quiet. Even if you're right, let it go. If you're going on a group ride and the leader is lost, enjoy the scenery. Stop interrupting. You might learn something else. Have you ever been around someone that really can't stop talking? You have to break
in just to ask a question. There is a balance needed sometimes. I do enjoy listening to small children. They're so honest and fun. Maybe that's why Jesus said heaven is full of children. We need to become like them in innocence. They are truly harmless as doves and haven't learned zingers.

I hope you have the best zingerless week. This is the time for great riding. Get off the computer and start that bike. It's time to ride!
Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Zingers Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Zingers

Post by trip June 9th 2013, 6:36 am

Yes, singers are fun. Thanks Dino.
trip
trip