Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fred

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fred Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fred

Post by Psalmist March 16th 2013, 7:33 pm

Today the warm spring air yielded 80 degrees and I had a full tank of non ethanol gas. It was definitely a 'must ride' day! A good friend and riding buddy Tom invited me to ride with a CMA chapter for a funeral. Tom knew this guy from many years in this chapter. Fred had been involved in the Christian Motorcycle Association for many years without a bike. I guess years before he rode a trike and was even more involved. Fred passed away last week from natural causes. He died. I guess that's pretty natural.

About fifteen bikes rolled into the church's grassy parking lot. This was a little old country church. It probably seated seventy people (and a couple hound dogs) comfortably. Two things about country funerals, no one's in a hurry and everyone has an opportunity to say something. After visiting for twenty minutes outside, one of the guys suggested we get inside and get a seat. It was a half hour before the scheduled service so we got good seats. Oh yeah one more thing, these start whenever they feel like it. The pews were hardwood with no padded cushions. So after an hour of sitting, one can really feel it. As the time got closer to starting, the ushers were carrying in more and more chairs from the fellowship hall. This guy must've really touched alot of lives. The service went well over an hour and no one left. The people shared how Fred was so generous and secretive about it. He gave away hundreds of dollars all the time. He would bring in candy (Werthers) for the kids before church started. There was a big bowl in the lobby just for the kids. Many of Fred's friends there gave testimony of how he did this and that for and with them. Fred's little wife of probably over fifty years just sat in the front and listened. When Fred's son stood up, it was hanky time for all. I didn't even know him and I was crying. He called his dad 'Pops' and shared some wonderful memories. There was not a dry eye in the building.

Lu 22:19 -
And when He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me."

As Jesus was entering his final days with his disciples, he shared communion with them. As they were celebrating Passover Jesus broke the bread. This custom was done every year to celebrate the time when the death angel passed over the homes in Egypt that had blood on the doors (from a slain lamb). Those with this on their doorposts were spared from God's wrath on Egypt. Jesus is referred to as the 'Lamb that was slain'. When Jesus broke the bread with his disciples he said 'Remember me.' He wanted them to remember all the things he said and did with them. John said that there wasn't enough paper to contain all that he said and did. I bet Jesus amazed these twelve on a daily if not hourly basis. He probably did so many really cool miracles all the time that they got used to it. There's a couple of recorded times he fed thousands of people. I'm pretty sure he probably fed thousands on a weekly basis and for three years. His first miracle was prompted by his mom. Mary said to the house servants "Whatever he says to do, do it." She must've seen Jesus do many incredible things as he grew up.

Paul the apostle wrote in Corinthians:

1Co 11:25
In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

Someone remembered what Jesus said and told Paul about it. Paul was never a disciple and never walked with Jesus. But he became an apostle after Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. I'm sure the disciples spent many long nights talking to Paul about Jesus. I can imagine Peter and John kicking back by a bonire and sharing all kinds of stories of the wonder of Jesus.

When people talk about you, what will they remember? Hopefully, you've touched hundreds of lives with your generousity and smile. Will they be bringing in chairs to your funeral? I love Christian funerals. People come to celebrate the life of their friend that got there first. I've conducted non funerals, and they're pretty hard. It's such a loss and no hope is present. When Jesus sees us, he says "Enter into the joy of the Lord." David wrote "In God's presence there is fullness of joy. At his right hand there are pleasures forever more."

Live for Jesus and let him love through you. I hope people celebrate your death because you lived for Jesus. Your brothers and sisters in Christ will be shouting for joy. There's more to this life than the time we spend in these old bodies. We are spirit and have a soul, and live in these bodies. We will go on forever, so 'Choose wisely.' Heaven is going to be great, but I'm in no hurry to get there. Those in my car might think otherwise. I hope you have the greatest week and get some good riding in. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fred Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fred

Post by trip March 17th 2013, 5:27 am

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack March 18th 2013, 7:05 pm

thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash March 19th 2013, 7:44 am

TU Good one, makes you think.------Thanks Dino.
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down