Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The noise of distraction

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The noise of distraction Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : The noise of distraction

Post by Psalmist February 3rd 2013, 12:11 am

Psalms 46:10

Be still, and know that I am
God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

My family and I just got back from a wonderful cruise that my mom gifted us with (for our next 10 Christmas's and birthday's). I really have the greatest mother in the world. Just ask me or her Really, she is wonderful. We got to see and do many awesome things. God is so creative. Patty was given a good sized shell by Judah (our youngest) while we were at a beach in Progresso. As she was carrying it, a little octopus crawled out! The family all came together with cameras. We got turns feeling it's little suckers move across our fingers, then Judah put it back in the water. I'm not too sure he didn't put it in there, just to surprise (read scare) her just a little.

Each morning Patty and I would go out on the top deck to find a quiet place for personal Bible study and prayer. We like to get up each morning around 5:30 a.m. and spend a wonderful hour with Jesus. On the ship it's very hard to find a quiet place, EVEN at 5:30 in the morning. It seems like maybe we have equated noise with having a great time. The louder the noise, the more fun we must be having. At least that's the impression I got onboard the boat. I enjoy loud music too. We used to build speakers for bands. One customer had me build a huge 2-15" speaker cabinet for his hatchback Mustang. His dad wasn't impressed with the glass bill. Loud speakers and autoglass don't always get along. So I began evaluating the noise level on the boat and people's involvement. The more people in the area of the ship=the more volume (noise) was required. When does music become noise? When it's not your type of music. That also goes for people that say "It's too loud!" It's probably not their choice of 'tunes'.

Sometimes a quiet moment is spectacular. Last summer I rode from Arkansas to Marquette, Michigan to spend some time with my mom. While I was there I walked into a big Catholic church and just sat and prayed for some time. The silence really was golden. In this fast paced society we live in, we need to take a moment everyday in silent meditation. I'm still learning what that verse means "Be still and know." I really want to cut down on the noise in my life, but it seems like I'm always turning it up. My son Jonathan tonight was explaining the term 'awkward silence'. Sometimes it's when no one gets the joke or when people get into an elevator with strangers. But silence can be wonderful. After 30 plus years with Patty, a silent moment shared is just fine.

Don't let noise distract you from those quiet moments with Jesus Christ. Even Jesus got away from the crowds. Maybe we should too on a regular basis. Have a great week and get your bike ready for riding season. Remember I'm praying for you!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The noise of distraction Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : The noise of distraction

Post by trip February 3rd 2013, 7:02 am

Thanks Dino. That's good.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The noise of distraction Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : The noise of distraction

Post by actionpack February 5th 2013, 7:43 pm

good message dino , thanks
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist February 9th 2013, 9:35 pm

Thank you guys. It's gotten pretty quiet in here. What happened to our riders from the great south?
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 February 10th 2013, 5:12 am

Still here and still checking in from time to time. Very good word today Dino. Thanks for being faithful and posting here each week.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by trip February 10th 2013, 6:54 am

I'm still around. I check in quite often but have never posted much. I was thinking the other day how depressing this site has become. Seems like everyone has just given up on it. Keep hoping there would be a renewed interest here.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack February 10th 2013, 2:30 pm

i lost all my stuff on my lap top when it crashed , thats why i have been mia on the haven , like wes says , i wish this site was still hot , we had a good group of people , good to see everybody is healthy and well badbone
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down