Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Saying 'Good bye' to a friend

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Saying 'Good bye' to a friend Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Saying 'Good bye' to a friend

Post by Psalmist November 3rd 2012, 10:20 pm

Ps 116:15 -
Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

This afternoon I was walking by the phones in the church when one of our members called. He was crying and asked If would come to the hospital to see him. "The dr gave me some bad news..." he said in low tones. When I got there he had been crying. The dr told him it was about over for him. He'll either go 'by way of heart attack or some other way, because the disease had spread all over.' He was really depressed. He's only 48 and has swollen areas all over his body. He loves Jesus and knows he's going to heaven. We prayed and I reminded him of all the wonderful things to look forward to in eternity. He loves spaghetti. I'm sure there is probably an endless pasta bowl waiting for him. When you talk and spend time with someone this great, it's challenging NOT to be jealous. Soon he'll be home with Jesus. But as much as that is going to be greater beyond words, there is still a part that wants to stay.

Php 1:21 -
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

As Christians we can enjoy the ride here and still look forward to the ride ahead. Once we pass through the door of death into eternal life, then we really start to live fully. The Bible says our life here is just a vapor. We're here today and gone tomorrow. Not trying to be crude, but have you ever thought of how you want to die? I imagine myself riding hard around a corner and rolling into heaven. St Pete looks over his glasses and asks "A little early aren't we?" Well maybe not totally all like that, but something like that. We don't have to fear death.

1Co 15:55 -

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

The moment we die (who are in Christ), we will meet Him in heaven. One of the men on the cross asked Jesus to remember him when He came into his kingdom. Jesus replied "TODAY you will be with me in paradise." What Jesus said to this guy on the cross, He means for us also. God does not show partiality. Can anyone go to heaven? All will go there, but only a few (in comparison) will stay. Those who chose to live fully for Jesus Christ will stay. All others ( because of their choice) will be cast into the lake of fire and forever die in torment. It's not God's will that anyone perish and burn forever. He paid the only payment possible to keep us from going to hell- the death of His Son Jesus Christ. When the Bible says "For God so loved...." that's alot of "so".

Saying 'Good bye' to a brother or sister is bitter sweet. We hate to lose them so soon, but we know we'll be with them again very soon. I hope to see you in heaven too. A few years ago I was allowed to visit the guys and girls in the jail. I really enjoyed going three times a week on my lunch hour. Alot of those people are the same as us. They just got caught. We had many 'church call' times. After each session I encouraged them to look for me in heaven (when we finally get there). I said I'd be at Gate Seven waiting for them, and the food would be alot better. We all laughed. But when I finally get there, I'm going to spend some time there. I hope you will stop by too. I'm not sure if they have 'bikes' up there, but we'll for a ride on something. Maybe there's a great bbq place in the next galaxy.

So, how do you get to heaven? Simple, just give your life to Him. Ask Jesus to come into your heart and forgive you of all your sins. Yeah, He's big enough to forgive all of them. "If you confess your sins, He is faithful and just to forgive you of ALL your sins and cleanse you from all unrighteousness." Forgive those in your life that have caused problems. Then receive your forgiveness by faith and live for Jesus. Go to church and learn how to be the best Christian possible. You might think "Churches are full of hypocrites." They are, but there's always room for one more.

Have a super week. Get in a few last rides before parking it for the winter. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Saying 'Good bye' to a friend Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Saying 'Good bye' to a friend

Post by trip November 5th 2012, 10:31 pm

When my wife Joan passed away, Taylor my grand daughter that was 5 at the time said her grand mother was lucky. She got to go be with Jesus. The faith of a child is so special.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down