Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Right place Wrong time

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Right place Wrong time Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Right place Wrong time

Post by Psalmist July 14th 2012, 6:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf15HrUZ5Wk

Sometimes the best intentions go wrong. I had a doubler last thursday and friday. Wed's afternoon I got a call from the Fort Smith National Cemetary to officiate a funeral for a homeless soldier the following day. I said I'd be honored to. They said it would be a small gathering of maybe 8 people. Thursday morning I got involved in another project and lost track of time. The funeral was scheduled to start at 11 a.m. I got a call at 11:02 and jumped into the car and got there in about four minutes. The funeral director let me know I needed to be short. So, I was quite frustrated with myself for being late. So I determined that wouldn't happen again.

One of our church families lost their dad in a motorcycle accident last friday night. The funeral was about an hour away in another National Cemetary. I planned my day around it. Even though I was just a guest, I was going to be there 1/2 hr early. At 10:30 I rode my wing into the cemetary and looked for the pavillion, but there was no one there. I put my suit on and went into the office to find the chapel or wherever the service was to be. The lady said the funeral was scheduled for 2 pm that afternoon. I couldn't believe it. How could I miss two big events in two days?? My wife nicely showed me her wall calender and encouraged me to organize better. Sometimes we get too busy.... OK sometimes I get too busy.

Jesus made the best of being "late" as in the story of Lazarus.

The Death and Resurrection of Lazarus
John11: 1
Now a certain man was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha. 2 It was the Mary who anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped His feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick. 3 So the sisters sent word to Him, saying, "Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick." 4 But when Jesus heard this, He said, "This sickness is not to end in death, but for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified by it." 5 Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. 6 So when He heard that he was sick, He then stayed two days longer in the place where He was. 7 Then after this He said to the disciples, "Let us go to Judea again." 8 The disciples said to Him, "Rabbi, the Jews were just now seeking to stone You, and are You going there again?" 9 Jesus answered, "Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world. 10 "But if anyone walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him." 11 This He said, and after that He said to them, "Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I go, so that I may awaken him out of sleep." 12 The disciples then said to Him, "Lord, if he has fallen asleep, he will recover." 13 Now Jesus had spoken of his death, but they thought that He was speaking of literal sleep. 14 So Jesus then said to them plainly, "Lazarus is dead, 15 and I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, so that you may believe; but let us go to him." 16 Therefore Thomas, who is called Didymus, said to his fellow disciples, "Let us also go, so that we may die with Him."
So when Jesus came, He found that he had already been in the tomb four days. 18 Now Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles off; 19 and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary, to console them concerning their brother. 20 Martha therefore, when she heard that Jesus was coming, went to meet Him, but Mary stayed at the house. 21 Martha then said to Jesus, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 "Even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You." 23 Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." 24 Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day." 25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?" 27 She said to Him, "Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world."
When she had said this, she went away and called Mary her sister, saying secretly, "TheTeacher is here and is calling for you." 29 And when she heard it, she got up quickly and was coming to him.
Now Jesus had not yet come into the village, but was still in the place where Martha met Him. 31 Then the Jews who were with her in the house, and consoling her, when they saw that Mary got up quickly and went out, they followed her, supposing that she was going to the tomb to weep there. 32 Therefore, when Mary came where Jesus was, she saw Him, and fell at His feet, saying to Him, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died." 33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her also weeping, He was deeply moved in spirit and was troubled, 34 and said, "Where have you laid him?" They said to Him, "Lord, come and see." 35 Jesus wept. 36 So the Jews were saying, "See how He loved him!" 37 But some of them said, "Could not this man, who opened the eyes of the blind man, have kept this man also from dying?"
So Jesus, again being deeply moved within, came to the tomb. Now it was a cave, and a stone was lying against it. 39 Jesus said, "Remove the stone." Martha, the sister of the deceased, said to Him, "Lord, by this time there will be a stench, for he has been dead four days." 40 Jesus said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?" 41 So they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised His eyes, and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. 42 "I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me."

When He had said these things, He cried out with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth." 44 The man who had died came forth, bound hand and foot with wrappings, and his face was wrapped around with a cloth. Jesus said to them, "Unbind him, and let him go."

Jesus has a way with time management. He could've been on time, but chose to be late to show the people and us His glory. What can we learn from this? Maybe it's ok to be late sometimes. Sometimes God wants to show us something and it may require us to alter our schedule. His ways are higher than ours and His plans are much better than ours. A few years ago I was doing pastoral hospitation visits. Normally I spend 10-15 minutes with each patient then head back to church. A lady in our church had been in an accident and her entire left side of her body (and tongue) had stroked. I felt the Lord say "Stay here, I want to show you something." So I called the church and said I was going to be late. The lady's husband was with me there in the room. I felt the Lord say "Speak to her toes." ??? I began to argue with God and His ways..."Her toes can't hear anything, but I'll be obedient." After talking to her toes....nothing. I thought I really messed up. BOY! Did I miss this one, BIG TIME! Then I felt the Lord say "Speak my word to her toes." At this point I figured Hey What have I got to lose? I already feel like an idiot. So, I began quoting scriptures of healing to her toes......and within minutes they were all moving. After about an hour she was doing great but couldn't speak. So her husband and I agreed to see/hear her speak. We prayed and prayed and I sat close to hear her say something cool. Then she spoke ZZZZZZZZZ"
I looked up and smiled "Well I guess we're done for the night." I walked away thinking 'Why did God do this?' and many like questions. About four hours later she sat straight up in bed and looked at her husband "We need to call out kids and tell them where we are so they don't worry."

Isa 55:9 -
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

God is in full control and we don't need to worry about anything. It's ok to ask God while we're in the swim of it, as long as we trust and obey. Enjoy the ride and don't worry if your schedule is changed. You're going to be ok. Learn to take the time you have and make the best of it. Follow God and His ways. You will stay in that perfect peace. Remember I'm praying for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ODe4sGCKxc
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Right place Wrong time Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Right place Wrong time

Post by trip July 15th 2012, 6:44 am

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Right place Wrong time Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Right place Wrong time

Post by actionpack July 15th 2012, 9:02 pm

good message dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down