Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to brag a little about my girls

+7
fcsnuffy
actionpack
Redleg
jedishon
Dyedorange
jaarch
shuterbg
11 posters

Go down

Want to brag a little about my girls Empty Want to brag a little about my girls

Post by shuterbg February 4th 2011, 10:49 pm

Just wanted to brag a little bit about my girls. Tasha is a senior this year so its her last year of wrestling. She was wanting to have a good season and so far she has. Last weekend she had a tournement and did awesome. Last year at this same tournement she won her first match then lost her next 2 and didn't place at all. This year she lost her first match but kicked but and won her next 3 by pins ended up tied for 3rd. Tomorrow is districts for her, can't wait to see how well she does. Right now for the our state for girls wrestling she is ranked 8th for her weight class. She is getting ready to graduate high school and on track to get her AA degree this summer.
Now Jessica just started her wrestling season this week. They are picking team captians next week and the coach said there is a good chance she will be one of them. She recruited most of the girls on the team to join up and participate. She was also really encouraging them during practice. She is 14 and has really helped by taking up alot of the cooking. Since Tasha is taking college classes, wrestling and working she isn't home much. Since Clint work nights Jessica has been doing most of the cooking. Now if I could get her to help clean more.
During Christmas break my bosses asked if the girls could come help out with some filing and stuff. They came and really helped us all out and they gave the girls each $100 visa gift cards for working during thier break.
I am just so darn proud of those 2 girls.
shuterbg
shuterbg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Female Number of posts : 2031

Back to top Go down

Want to brag a little about my girls Empty Re: Want to brag a little about my girls

Post by jaarch February 4th 2011, 11:36 pm

You should be very proud Monica. It sounds like you are raising some good kids!
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Want to brag a little about my girls Empty Re: Want to brag a little about my girls

Post by Dyedorange February 5th 2011, 6:16 am

Sounds like some great kids Monica. Nothing wrong with bragging on them at all. Its good to read some good news on here every once in a while. Too much bad stuff in the world today.
Tell them both we said good luck and keep working hard. TU
Dyedorange
Dyedorange
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 834

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon February 5th 2011, 6:59 am

Sounds like I should say they are good kids or I could get my ears PINED back. JK Monical, sounds like they have been brought up right to me.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by Redleg February 5th 2011, 12:04 pm

TU
Redleg
Redleg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1121

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack February 5th 2011, 8:25 pm

thats great monica , so good to hear some good news about our young , five
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by fcsnuffy February 5th 2011, 9:18 pm

that's great monica. you ought to be proud of them, it sounds like they deserve to be bragged on.
fcsnuffy
fcsnuffy
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2249
Location : ft. cobb oklahoma, just southwest of the center of the universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Railrider February 6th 2011, 4:07 pm

Nothing wrong with bragging about the kids.
Railrider
Railrider
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1692

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum February 7th 2011, 3:45 am

Good job Mom. TU
We're proud too!
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarp66 February 7th 2011, 9:33 am

I agree with Gary..it's nice to hear about kids who are doing all the right things. You have a right to brag Monica!!
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 3176

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist February 8th 2011, 12:27 am

Yeah you done did good Monica. I didn't know girls wrestled except in jello. Sorry, in some ways I'm still old school. No offense meant. Sounds like you raised them right. Good on you! They learn by example. If you figger out how to motivate the cleaning part- write a book. It will sell!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by shuterbg February 10th 2011, 9:40 pm

Thanks everyone. tomorrow is regionals for Tasha then off to state if she does well.
My husband has had people ask about the girls wrestling. He just tells them that as girls these days any way you can get some self defence is a good thing. And as our pastor pointed out that yes that is good. Never know when someone will pick a fight and they mostly end up on the ground wrestling. I also think with her wanting to be a police officer, this really helps keep her in shape.
Also thanks for the parenting compliments. We have a very strong faith and have higher morals and standards for our household than most people. My girls are not allowed to date. My oldest daughter put us through pure hell when she was a teenager. She chose a path totally opposite of how she wsa raised and at this time has chosen to lead a life without God in it. Because of some extreme issues she had a choice to make and didn't like the choices and now refuses to talk to us. But its been much better for my other girls. At times I questioned my parenting. But I had to remember she made her choices. HAving my other 2 girls walking with God in thier lives and choosing to make those right choices reminds me that yes we are good parents.
That is alot of the reason why I like to brag about the other 2 girls. I want them to know how much we appriciate and how much God appriciates the right choices they are making.
shuterbg
shuterbg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Female Number of posts : 2031

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist February 10th 2011, 11:42 pm

You're doing well Monica. Raising kids is like riding the rapids of the Colo river. We'll keep your oldest in prayer. She'll come around. continue to speak blessings to her and over her. We too have a no dating policy. With 7 kids that love Jesus, there's a whole lot less drama around the ranch. Today I threw out all Hannah Montana and HSM videos. Some things you just don't need in the house.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack February 11th 2011, 8:39 pm

hang in there monica , 1 day she will come around and see life is alot smoother walking with the Lord ,
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down