Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally another Home

+10
fcsnuffy
NeonLeon
jedishon
Firelady
whitetrash
alabamawing
jaarch
Dyedorange
marang
Stumble
14 posters

Go down

Finally another Home Empty Finally another Home

Post by Stumble October 6th 2009, 10:04 pm

Firelady and I put an offer on a foreclosed home last week and it was approved today. We practically stole this house even though it needs some cosmetic work done. Our agent told us we could put about $10,000 into repairs and improvements and basically double our money if we wanted to flip it. Closing is set for the 23rd, banks don't waste time when they have foreclosed property, and we have to get moved between the 23rd and 31st. Neither of us has any extra time off so we are gonna have to cancel the Fall Ride trip to save the time off, and money, to get out of this rent house and in our new home. We may still try a day ride Saturday up to the Hub, weather and back permitting, just to visit. Hope everyone that goes has a good time and don't forget to take lots of pictures. TU We is excited! Smile
Stumble
Stumble
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 739

Back to top Go down

Finally another Home Empty Re: Finally another Home

Post by marang October 6th 2009, 10:10 pm

Congrats Paul.
marang
marang
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5977

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyedorange October 6th 2009, 10:36 pm

*&^%#$^% it, was hoping you would make it. Congrats on the new home, totally understand wanting get some permenent roots. Good luck. Maybe saturday will workout.
Dyedorange
Dyedorange
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 834

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch October 6th 2009, 11:06 pm

Congratulations on the new home. That's awesome!
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by alabamawing October 7th 2009, 6:00 am

Happy about your new home
alabamawing
alabamawing
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 3615

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumble October 7th 2009, 6:38 am

Thanks, Now who deleted my last post and why? Talk about CRAP-like. Rolling Eyes
Stumble
Stumble
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash October 7th 2009, 6:43 am

CONGRATS ! Hope everything goes smooth for you. -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by alabamawing October 7th 2009, 7:00 am

Stumble wrote:Thanks, Now who deleted my last post and why? Talk about CRAP-like. Finally another Home Icon_rolleyes
I edited my last post. maybe I f'd up. I don't know. I think I was the only one on line this morning. Certainly was not on purpose and diffidently not CRAP-like. I guess just call me the Skipper
alabamawing
alabamawing
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Firelady October 7th 2009, 7:31 am

alabamawing wrote:
Stumble wrote:Thanks, Now who deleted my last post and why? Talk about CRAP-like. Finally another Home Icon_rolleyes
I edited my last post. maybe I f'd up. I don't know. I think I was the only one on line this morning. Certainly was not on purpose and diffidently not CRAP-like. I guess just call me the Skipper

Has that changed too?
I thought when you edited a post....there was a little message that said you edited a post..,..

wow...changes all over the place! Love it!!! cheers
Firelady
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Female Number of posts : 201

Back to top Go down

Post by alabamawing October 7th 2009, 7:35 am

Firelady wrote:Has that changed too?
I thought when you edited a post....there was a little message that said you edited a post..,..

wow...changes all over the place! Love it!!! Finally another Home Icon_cheers
there is a place to put a reason if you want
alabamawing
alabamawing
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon October 7th 2009, 8:13 am

Stumble wrote:Firelady and I put an offer on a foreclosed home last week and it was approved today. We practically stole this house even though it needs some cosmetic work done. Our agent told us we could put about $10,000 into repairs and improvements and basically double our money if we wanted to flip it. Closing is set for the 23rd, banks don't waste time when they have foreclosed property, and we have to get moved between the 23rd and 31st. Neither of us has any extra time off so we are gonna have to cancel the Fall Ride trip to save the time off, and money, to get out of this rent house and in our new home. We may still try a day ride Saturday up to the Hub, weather and back permitting, just to visit. Hope everyone that goes has a good time and don't forget to take lots of pictures. TU We is excited! Smile

Congrats on the new place. I'd offer to help with the move if I was closer. Hope it all goes smooth for you.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumble October 7th 2009, 8:34 am

jedishon wrote:
Stumble wrote:Firelady and I put an offer on a foreclosed home last week and it was approved today. We practically stole this house even though it needs some cosmetic work done. Our agent told us we could put about $10,000 into repairs and improvements and basically double our money if we wanted to flip it. Closing is set for the 23rd, banks don't waste time when they have foreclosed property, and we have to get moved between the 23rd and 31st. Neither of us has any extra time off so we are gonna have to cancel the Fall Ride trip to save the time off, and money, to get out of this rent house and in our new home. We may still try a day ride Saturday up to the Hub, weather and back permitting, just to visit. Hope everyone that goes has a good time and don't forget to take lots of pictures. TU We is excited! Smile

Congrats on the new place. I'd offer to help with the move if I was closer. Hope it all goes smooth for you.

Thanks Jerry. How are things in deep south Tejas? Cool
Stumble
Stumble
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon October 7th 2009, 9:02 am

Must not be a very nice neighborhood if they let an old turd like you in. Shocked Ohhhh ... wait ... they haven't seen you yet have they???? You let FL do all the leg work!!! Smart move there Arkie!!! cheers jocolor jmwyyot
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon October 7th 2009, 9:43 am

Stumble wrote:
jedishon wrote:

88 degrees with 85% humidity today....cooling of rather nicely... Things down here are pretty good. Cant decide if I want to let them forclose on my Illinois house or filr bankruptcy on it. Any idea which is the better way to go?
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumble October 7th 2009, 9:59 am

jedishon wrote:
Stumble wrote:
jedishon wrote:

88 degrees with 85% humidity today....cooling of rather nicely... Things down here are pretty good. Cant decide if I want to let them forclose on my Illinois house or filr bankruptcy on it. Any idea which is the better way to go?

No sir I don't. I have filed bankruptcy in the distant past and it does take a full 10 years to fall off the records. I've never had a foreclosure so I don't know how long that would adversly affect things. Hope everything else is doing better than that situation my brother. Good luck with it.
Stumble
Stumble
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumble October 7th 2009, 10:01 am

NeonLeon wrote:Must not be a very nice neighborhood if they let an old turd like you in. Shocked Ohhhh ... wait ... they haven't seen you yet have they???? You let FL do all the leg work!!! Smart move there Arkie!!! cheers jocolor jmwyyot

Exactly how I did it. It is a really nice neighborhood and I didn't want them to have any doubts so I stayed mostly hidden till the deal was done. Now they are stuck with me. Twisted Evil
Stumble
Stumble
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by fcsnuffy October 7th 2009, 5:29 pm

Stumble wrote:
NeonLeon wrote:Must not be a very nice neighborhood if they let an old turd like you in. Finally another Home Icon_eek Ohhhh ... wait ... they haven't seen you yet have they???? You let FL do all the leg work!!! Smart move there Arkie!!! Finally another Home Icon_cheers Finally another Home Icon_jokercolor jmwyyot

Exactly how I did it. It is a really nice neighborhood and I didn't want them to have any doubts so I stayed mostly hidden till the deal was done. Now they are stuck with me. Finally another Home Icon_twisted

judy said you was a smart man for snagging fl. guess this goes to prove she is right again. and again. and again.
fcsnuffy
fcsnuffy
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2249
Location : ft. cobb oklahoma, just southwest of the center of the universe

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch October 7th 2009, 5:49 pm

fcsnuffy wrote:
Stumble wrote:
NeonLeon wrote:Must not be a very nice neighborhood if they let an old turd like you in. Finally another Home Icon_eek Ohhhh ... wait ... they haven't seen you yet have they???? You let FL do all the leg work!!! Smart move there Arkie!!! Finally another Home Icon_cheers Finally another Home Icon_jokercolor jmwyyot

Exactly how I did it. It is a really nice neighborhood and I didn't want them to have any doubts so I stayed mostly hidden till the deal was done. Now they are stuck with me. Finally another Home Icon_twisted

judy said you was a smart man for snagging fl. guess this goes to prove she is right again. and again. and again.

My wife was wrong once, she thought she was wrong when in actuality she was right. Laughing
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by HornyToad October 7th 2009, 6:52 pm

Congrads Stubby, Gonna have to have a House WarminParty when ya get it all set and done
HornyToad
HornyToad
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 68

http://aggsys.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Railrider October 7th 2009, 7:46 pm

Congrats on the new home. Sucks you won't be coming to the Hub.
Railrider
Railrider
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1692

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 7th 2009, 8:10 pm

congrats On the new house, hope you can make it up Saturday. Cruiser1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Redleg October 7th 2009, 8:56 pm

jedishon wrote:
Stumble wrote:
jedishon wrote:

Just my 2 cents but I'd try and rent it for the payments. It's a headache but it won't screw up your credit and it's a pretty good tax deduction. Just find a good agent.
Redleg
Redleg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Redleg October 7th 2009, 8:58 pm

Congrats on the new house. Moving always sucks, but it's helps if it's into your own home. TU
Redleg
Redleg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1121

Back to top Go down

Post by marang October 7th 2009, 9:11 pm

Paul if you need help moving call Ray Laughing Laughing No really, if you do need help...I'm busy that day Suspect
marang
marang
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5977

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred October 8th 2009, 7:43 am

Congrats to the both of you!
Renting sucks.
Fred
Fred