Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Rocky

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Rocky Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Rocky

Post by Psalmist March 26th 2016, 9:37 pm

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Rocky
Matthew 28 :

Jesus Is Risen!

1 Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave.

2 And behold, a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it.

3 And his appearance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow.

Mark 16:

The Resurrection

1 When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James , and Salome, bought spices, so that they might come and anoint Him.

2 Very early on the first day of the week, they came* to the tomb when the sun had risen.

3 They were saying to one another, "Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance of the tomb?"

4 Looking up, they saw* that the stone had been rolled away, although it was extremely large

Luke 24:

The Resurrection

1 But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared.

2 And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb,

3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.

4 While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men suddenly stood near them in dazzling clothing;

5 and as the women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, "Why do you seek the living One among the dead?

6 "He is not here, but He has risen . Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee,

7 saying that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again."

John 20 : 11 But Mary was standing outside the tomb weeping; and so, as she wept, she stooped and looked into the tomb;

12 and she saw* two angels in white sitting, one at the head and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had been lying.

13 And they said* to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said* to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him."

14 When she had said this, she turned around and saw* Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus.

15 Jesus said* to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" Supposing Him to be the gardener, she said* to Him, "Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have laid Him, and I will take Him away."

16 Jesus said* to her, "Mary!" She turned and said* to Him in Hebrew , "Rabboni!"

Back in my college days I had the privilege of playing guitar in pep band. My guitar of choice was a Gibson 335 semi hollow body. One of our favorite songs to play at the games was the "Rocky" theme. We often learn most by experience and accident. The area in the gym assigned to the pep band was equal to a large bathroom. I had to stand about two feet in front of my 4-12 cabinet. That was a accident in the works. Playing the lighter songs was easy and smooth. When we got to the guitar solo in Rocky's theme I kicked in the overdrive and my amp about erupted. My guitar went into major feedback and my speakers went to uncontrollable wailing. I was so embarrassed. I knew that was my last gig with them. They would never let me play with them again. When the song was over I was beet red from embarrassment. I apologized to the horn section (who got the brunt of that explosion). They all looked at me and laughed and said "WOW man! How did you do that? That was..." I guess they liked it. I got to stay in the band, and we did that song at every game after that.

Rocks. If you asked four guys what they saw at a big event, you would get four very different accounts of just what happened. Where were the angels? How many were there? What happened to the rock.

This past summer my son Judah and I saw these cool rocks out by Moab Utah. I think God enjoyed making these rocks. One looked like a golf tee standing several hundred tall and an egg about fifty across sitting on top of it. I was amazed. First picture was Tommy Slavens (72 and riding like a 32 yr old). Lower pic is Judah and I by an amazing set of rocks God made. The important point of the Bible story is that the stone moved and Jesus rose from the grave!!

I hope Jesus rolled your stone and you are resurrected in your spirit. He is amazing and only He can raise you from the dead. His grace is more amazing. Take the time to give your heart to Jesus. He's been waiting for you, but time is almost up. Please do it today. I'm praying for you.

Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Rocky Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Rocky

Post by actionpack March 27th 2016, 7:31 am

thanks dino and you and yours enjoy this great day
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter