Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Still in the FOG

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Still in the FOG Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Still in the FOG

Post by Psalmist August 3rd 2014, 1:08 am

I guess you might think some things just happen in your favor or "It's your lucky day!" I really don't believe in luck (not to be a party pooper). I believe everything has a purpose and timing. There are some things we have control or influence over and some things are totally out of our hands. Everything has a destiny. How you act and react determines a lot of your future. Are you easy going and accept life with a smile? Or do you have to have your own way all the time?

I'm currently out in Craig, Colorado with some great friends while seeing Sturgis and Yellowstone. We have had a blast! Buffalo Roy got alot of good pictures of buffalo with a zoom camera. Being the only one with a gps, I got stuck as navigator. So, when I miss the turn off... well you know how guys like to raz for miles.

Two nights ago we rode into Yellowstone to set up camp and the skies were very dark and the wind was blowing. It looked like a 'gully washer' was about to hit. So we stopped and prayed for God to lift the storm. I felt in my spirit that again He was telling me "You speak to the storm." So we agreed according to Matt 18 for the storms to move. And they did.

Matt 18:18"Take this most seriously: A yes on earth is yes in heaven; a no on earth is no in heaven. What you say to one another is eternal. I mean this. 19When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. 20And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there." (Message Bible)

I do take God's word very seriously and try my best to live by it. I make tons of mistrakes. But I'm getting better at bouncing back up. I believe God is very interested in everything you do and wants to bless you with His favor. The Favor Of God is one of those places I want to stay. I believe I'm in the favor of God right now. I see His hand in many parts of my life, and I see His grace covering all of my life. Why He hasn't taken away this cancer I'm battling, I don't know. But I trust Him. His ways are truly higher than mine.

I hope you have found God's favor and ask Him for ways to show Himself strong. Three times I've seen God's hand move storms so we could have a great ride. God is no respector of persons, but I think I'm one of His favorites. I'm crazy about Jesus and He's crazy about me. He's very crazy about you too. He really wants you to ask Him for stuff! Most Christians don't want to impose upon the creator of the universe. I believe God has a warehouse of blessings waiting for us to ask. So, start asking for things. Don't your grandkids ask you for the moon?

One time my daughter was very young and we were watching "Love Comes Softly". Yeah I know, a real biker movie. Anyway my wife brought in a bowl of ice cream with Martha Stewart hot fudge covering it (just for me). My daughter Jordanne looked up at me and said "Daddy I want your pippen." (No I don't know where that came from either.) I smiled and said "This is daddy's pippen, and you can go to the kitchen and get your own." She turned around and watched the movie for a short time. Again she looked at me with big eyes and a quivering lip "Daddy I really want your pippen." I replied with a smile " I know honey, and mom is still in the kitchen. Go get your own." She turned around for a very short time to 'watch' the movie (read- How do I get dad's pippen?). She stood up and put her hands on my knees and then her knees on my knees. She proceeded to walk up my lap till we were eyeball to eyeball. You know you only see one eyeball when you're that close. She said in a strong voice (much like her mom's) "Daddy. I want your pippin and I want it now!" We both laughed and I sat her down next to me as we enjoyed the movie and MY I mean our pippen. I wanted to give her my pippen from the ....well maybe the second request. I'm not as generous as God, but I am a work in progress.

Ps 37:4 - Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

No you can't manipulate God to your every desire. And sometimes the answer is "No" or "Not yet" But sometimes He really might scratch His head because you gave up so fast.

Luke 18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; 2 Saying, There was in a city F43 a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: 3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. 4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; 5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.

God really wants you to press Him for what ever your desire is. Do you delight in Him or is He someone you think about when things are going bad? Discover the Favor Of God and live in it. Smile at Him throughout the day and seek His face before even thinking about seeking his hands. It's a lifestyle He's looking for, not the occasional good deed. With all your heart mind and strength worship Him. Have a great week and enjoy the journey. It's not just the destination. I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Still in the FOG Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Still in the FOG

Post by trip August 3rd 2014, 7:38 am

Thanks Dino. Always look forward to your Sun. morning messages.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Still in the FOG Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Still in the FOG

Post by NeonLeon August 3rd 2014, 5:35 pm

Thanks Dino!
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack August 4th 2014, 5:50 am

thanks dino ,
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down