Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Out of Gas / F.E.A.R.

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Out of Gas / F.E.A.R. Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Out of Gas / F.E.A.R.

Post by Psalmist January 12th 2013, 11:19 pm

Ps 112:7 -
He will not fear evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

( A quick note regarding last weeks post. I mentioned a Catholic candle in reference to a bright light or dim light. No insult was intended. I hadn't researched
these candles and their purpose. I am truly sorry if I offended you.)

A few years ago three friends and I rode to Sturgis. I bought a pin that says "I rode my bike to trailer week." While we were there we took in all the monuments and great riding roads. We always go the week before the Sturgis Rally. It's fairly quiet and all the vendors are set up. One of the days we decided to ride west and see the 'Devils Tower'. I looks like a giant stump made out of rock.

On our way back we got a little low on gas and decided to stop at the next station. Well it was full of bikes waiting for gas. We had to wait over an hour to push our bikes to the pump. Because it looked there was a gas shortage, everyone filled their tanks. We were so glad to get gas and get on our way. About five miles later we saw another gas station in operation with a couple of cars getting gas. Everyone panicked at the first gas station. We did, and there was no shortage at all. We were all afraid we'd be really pushing our bikes to the next station.

Someone said f.e.a.r. stands for 'false evidence appearing real'. Remember 'Y2K' ? People were saying planes and computers were going to crash! Food was being bought and stored along with water just in case the stores closed and the water dept couldn't send anymore water. Back in the early days of automobiles it was thought that travelling over 30 mph would kill you.

The Bible talks about two fears. The first says to not be afraid of situations and people:

Ge 15:1 -
After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great."

Ge 21:17 -
God heard the lad crying; and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, "What is the matter with you, Hagar? Do not fear, for God has heard the voice of the lad where he is.

De 1:21 -
`See, the LORD your God has placed the land before you; go up, take possession, as the LORD, the God of your fathers, has spoken to you. Do not fear or be dismayed.'

Jos 10:8 -
The LORD said to Joshua, "Do not fear them, for I have given them into your hands; not one of them shall stand before you."

Jos 10:25 -
Joshua then said to them, "Do not fear or be dismayed! Be strong and courageous, for thus the LORD will do to all your enemies with whom you fight."

This first fear is something we need to rid ourselves of. If our lives are in Christ, then we don't have any need of fear. Fear itself is a
spirit and has torment attatched to it.

2Ti 1:7 -
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1Jo 4:18 -
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

So, walk in the love of Jesus Christ. Let His love perfect you conquer every tormenting spirit of fear. Give no place to the devil. He is the author of confusion and fear. Every lie from hell is based on truth. You may hear them, but don't listen to them. Like an annoying headphone on your kids ears, the devil is always buzzing distractions at you. One of the best ways to conquer fear and doubt is to worship Jesus Christ. Start singing Amazing Grace or an old hymn, or maybe a new Christian song. The point is to 'Let your mind think on these things...' and that fear will leave you.

This second fear is a healthy reverance for God and His power. We don't fear an arc welder, but we do revere the work it can do (and put on a dark glass helmet).

Ps 118:6 -

The LORD is for me; I will not fear; What can man do to me?

Pr 1:29 -
Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the LORD.

Pr 3:7 -
Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.

Job 4:6 -
"Is not your fear of God your confidence, And the integrity of your ways your hope?

This fear of God is our confidence. We understand that without Him we can do nothing, and with Him ALL things are possible. So keep a healthy fear of God. Recently there has been alot of violence and horrible weather. People are walking in fear and anger. 'Why didn't God..........?' Here's an easy answer. When our nation makes new rules that oppose God's word, and our schools expel Him from class; He steps back and lets happen what happens. It's only just beginning. That is not a threat, but an observation. God is not bringing these horrible things upon our nation, our nation voted for them. Every decision has consequences. So don't blame God for anything. This is the people's choice awards. Is God dishing out His wrath and destruction right now? No, that hasn't started yet. If you are in Christ you will recognize the signs and times we live in.

Eph 6:10 -
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

Daniel 11:32 -
Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.

Enjoy this time as you are with the Lord of hosts Jesus Christ. He will carry you 'through it all'. If you need help, drop me a line. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Out of Gas / F.E.A.R. Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Out of Gas / F.E.A.R.

Post by trip January 14th 2013, 6:40 am

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Out of Gas / F.E.A.R. Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Out of Gas / F.E.A.R.

Post by Psalmist January 15th 2013, 2:53 pm

I hope all things are well with you and family Wes. Have a great new year!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by trip January 15th 2013, 4:39 pm

Psalmist wrote:I hope all things are well with you and family Wes. Have a great new year!
Things are going pretty good. Got my daughter and kid's moved out of the house. Been doing lot's of cleaning up, fixing, and repainting. Trying to get my Jon boat ready for summer and getting back into reloading bullets. Joined a fitness center/gym and work out 3-4 times a week. In short, I'm staying busy. Loving this retirement thing. Thumbs Up

Hope you have a great New Year also.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down