Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Get Up!

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Get Up! Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Get Up!

Post by Psalmist June 2nd 2012, 5:15 pm

Praise the Lord!
There's a little old Christian lady living next door to an atheist. Every morning the lady comes out onto her front porch and shouts "Praise the Lord!".The atheist yells back, "There is no God".
She does this every morning with the same result. As time goes on, the lady runs into financial difficulties and has trouble buying food. She goes out onto the porch and asks God for help with groceries, then says "Praise the Lord".The next morning she goes out onto the porch and there's the groceries she asked for, and of course, she shouts "Praise the Lord!!!".The atheist jumps out from behind a bush and says, "Ha, I bought those groceries - there is no God".The lady looks at him and smiles, she shouts "Praise the Lord, not only did you provide for me Lord, you made Satan pay for the groceries!!"(borrowed from a friend)

John 5: 1
After these things there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 2 Now there is in Jerusalem by the sheep gate a pool, which is called in Hebrew Bethesda, having five porticoes. 3 In these lay a multitude of those who were sick, blind, lame, and withered, [waiting for the moving of the waters; 4 for an angel of the Lord went down at certain seasons into the pool and stirred up the water; whoever then first, after the stirring up of the water, stepped in was made well from whatever disease with which he was afflicted.] 5 A man was there who had been ill for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had already been a long time in that condition, He said to him, "Do you wish to get well?" 7 The sick man answered Him, "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps down before me." 8 Jesus said to him, "Get up, pick up your pallet and walk." 9 immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and began to walk.

About 4 yrs ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer stage four (final stage). The dr found cancer in all twelve areas of the prostate. Once I found a good Christian oncologist, I asked him what I should do. I said "should I quit work and go on disability?" He looked me straight in the face and responded "Do you want to die?" At first I wasn't sure of his response. But after some time I understood, to quit is to begin dying. I found out from a friend that if I was on disability, my family would have a higher income. I decided I'm not a quiter and God can heal me. Like the lady in the above story, I'm gonna shout "Praise the Lord !!!" till I have no voice left. I turned down the disability. Those that are on it and need it, I find no fault in that, and am NOT calling them quiters.
Sometimes we have no choice but to receive help. I have chosen to keep walking (with or without a cane). Like Fats Domino sang "I'm Walking" I choose to get up and press forward.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOR1OkwiBCY
Notice in John 5 Jesus saw a man lying by a pool. He had been there 38 years and couldn't get into the pool fast enough to get his healing. Jesus didn't ask him what his problems were. He didn't sit down and cry with the guy about his sickness and why nobody would help him into the pool. Rather He point blank asked him "Do you wish to get well?" Jesus asks us to choose life or death. It's a daily choice to live or die.

De 30:19 -

"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

When He saw the condition and response of the man, Jesus said "GET UP!" He didn't have time to hear all the problems. Sometimes we need to be careful when working with sick (physically or mentally) people. Yes, listen to the hurt but don't nurture the hurt. If a person has faith, he can be healed. Have you ever asked a sick person if you could pray for them... and they refuse? It's very frustrating. We do alot of hospital visitation and often to dying patients. I remember asking an old man if I could pray with him. He was about to expire. When I asked him if I could pray with him, he said "No". Soon after, he went into eternity. Another time I asked a young man (in the hospital) if I could pray a prayer of salvation. He said "Sure!" He looked healthier than most people his age. The next day he died. I know he's in heaven and look forward to seeing him again.
If you've been feeling paralyzed or beat down lately, begin to speak God's word and be an overcomer. "Get UP!" Remember I'm praying for you!

Mr 9:23 -

And Jesus said to him, " `If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes."

Php 4:13 -
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Mt 19:26 -
And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Mr 9:23 -
And Jesus said to him, " `If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes."

Mr 10:27 -
Looking at them, Jesus said, "With people it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God."
Rev 12:11 -
"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.

Isa 54:17 -
"No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD.

Jer 51:20 -
He says, "You are My war-club, My weapon of war; And with you I shatter nations, And with you I destroy kingdoms.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Get Up! Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Get Up!

Post by actionpack June 2nd 2012, 8:20 pm

thanks dino , glad your doing good , you have grit
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum