Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : That Old Tire

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : That Old Tire Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : That Old Tire

Post by Psalmist May 17th 2014, 9:33 pm

It's fun getting to know your bike and doing some of the maintenance on it. I bought my first bike in around 1980. It was a 73 Yamaha 200. I enjoyed taking it on trips to see my brother and his wife. They lived about 200 miles away. On the highway you could get speed by laying down on the tank. To slow down you just sat up. You always had to wear a full face shield. Those giant June bugs would take you out if you didn't. I remember hitting one at 60 mph. It covered almost my whole shield and I had to pull over just to clean it off and go on. My wife and my first dates were on that little bike. She jokes about asking her mom prior to our first date "You think this will look good on a bike?" And her mom did everything possible to get us to take her car.

Fast forward about 30 bikes and we're riding our 04 Goldwing to Sturgis and Colorado Springs, and Memphis-Birmingham-St. Pete's-New Bern-St Louis. Several times this bike has been thru Chicago on my way to see my wonderful mom in Marquette Michigan, sisters in Lexington and Springfield, MO. and brother in Bosier City, LA.

Not wanting to invest in the local dealers shop at $75/hr, I learned how to do some of the simple maintenance. Changing tires, filters, oil, plugs, bulbs, and fluids became quite the adventure. Mistakes? You betcha! But that's the way you learn. Now I'm riding 'double dark side' on the wing. The front tire is a Battlax rear tire made for some Suzuki's and other bikes. The rear tire is a Goodyear 205-60-16 mud and snow tire made for a car. This is the smoothest ride I've ever experienced. I changed the rear tire ($120) this year after 40,000+ miles. I just changed the front tire ($106.00) after about 25,000 miles.

It's fun knowing when and how to work on the bike. The 1800 Goldwing's made it a challenge to change the air filter. It takes about an hour to get this job done.

Have you noticed about this time of year you are getting requests for gifts from graduates that you don't know? How do you deal with this? I want to write to them requesting how we know each other. "Have we spent time together?" Have you been to my house in the past 10 years?"

When Jesus Christ broke bread with His disciples, it was symbolic of saying 'I will never lift my sword against you.' When people invited guests to their house and broke bread with them, it was a bonding of friendships. There's a strong warning Jesus gives about knowing people.

Mt 7:23 - "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Mt 25:41 - "Then He will also say to those on His left, `Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

Lu 13:27 - and He will say, `I tell you, I do not know where you are from; DEPART FROM ME, ALL YOU EVILDOERS.'

This word 'know' is from a Greek word gnosko which means intimacy. Jesus want us to know Him and spend time with Him. He's not looking for a 'drive by' relationship or an emergency only friendship. I believe Jesus hears every prayer but is moving mountains for those who are crazy about Him. Why do Christians get sick and die early? In God's eyes maybe they fulfilled their purpose here on Earth. God has a purpose and plan for each of our lives. His will for us is to walk and let Him reveal that as we go. He will open doors when He is ready and close others when it's not time or right. Our job is to enjoy the ride and know Him. Getting to know His ways is like getting to know your bike. The more time you spend, the more you know.

I hope you know you know Jesus Christ better than you know your bike. He is eternal. That old Yamaha I owned is probably in Korea becoming a Kia Sorento. That old tire of mine? It's probably on it's way to becoming asphalt. Give your heart to Jesus Christ and let Him be your best friend. I could feel His presence today as I was changing the front tire on my bike. It was like He was guiding me to replace the bolts and grease. I just smiled as He was so close. He wants more than Sunday's. Have a wonderful ride this week and remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : That Old Tire Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : That Old Tire

Post by trip May 18th 2014, 6:39 am

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : That Old Tire Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : That Old Tire

Post by actionpack May 18th 2014, 8:57 pm

good message , thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down