Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Why God?

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Why God? Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Why God?

Post by Psalmist October 25th 2014, 2:45 pm

Ro 8:28 - And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

It's hard at times to understand why God lets some things happen. " Why does He allow some great people die before their time? Is God taking people away from you because He's mad or mean? Why does He let these things happen? If we won't be with our family in heaven, why go? We're not going to be married in heaven? Why should we go?"

Today I had the privilege of working with a team to feed the homeless. It gives you a good feeling to be able to give back and you realize how God has blessed you and your family. I sat down with some of the people and shared lunch and discussion. A couple were throwing questions at me and they were very sincere. We don't have all the answers and I wasn't trying to avoid the questions. I did share that sometimes God sees into the future and takes some people home 'early'. His ways are higher as are His thoughts. Some answers we'll never have till we get there. Our job is to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and lean not on our own understanding. For some, this may sound stupid. Our faith grows like a muscle. As we conquer some hard times we grow forward to the next challenge. No one promised a rose garden after salvation in Christ. But Jesus did promise to be here every step of the way.

A young man sat down and showed me his arms with fresh cuts from his wrists up towards his elbows. Through much of his life he had suffered from rejection from his parents and others. After listening to his story we realized he needed Jesus to help him with life. He gave his heart to Jesus and forgave all those who had treated him badly.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is sit and listen to others. You don't need all the answers when you know Jesus. A simple prayer of faith can heal a broken heart. Feeling overwhelmed? Not sure where to go? Sit down at a soup kitchen and talk to some of those who will never have all that you do. Seriously, try it and thank God for all His blessings. Sometimes we need to refocus. Yes, there are hard times we all go through. But how are you dealing with them? 'In everything give thanks. This is God's will for you.'

Yes 'All things work together for good...' in God's time. When the waves are too high, reach out for Jesus. If you have a bike, now is an excellent time for a ride and see all He has created for your enjoyment. Have a great week and give God thanks for everything. I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Why God? Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Why God?

Post by trip October 25th 2014, 6:16 pm

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack October 26th 2014, 4:20 pm

thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon October 27th 2014, 4:27 am

thanks Dino!
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum