Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Will you?

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Will you? Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Will you?

Post by Psalmist April 13th 2013, 9:11 pm

Jer 17:9 -
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Tonight a friend of mine is in a hospital bed on life support and 'it doesn't look good.' As I'm praying I think of how vicious the devils are. They are in no hurry and wait for the right moment to devour. She had just got out of prison this week and I talked to her yesterday on the phone. She told me of the great drug rehabs in prison. Last time she got 'out' she fell right back into drugs. This time might have finished the devils snare.

We all have weak areas that can hurt us. Our will is strong and good in most areas, but there's that one area that seems to nail us too often. The soul of man contains the mind, will, and emotions. This can be a danger zone when not under control. When my son Jonathan was small I asked him "What is sin?" He replied "It's that infection inside of us." I think that's the best definition of sin I've ever heard. The Bible says "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." We will to sin. "Knowing what is right and not doing so is sin." So some sins are by commission and some are by omission.

You know when you should do something for someone (in a bad situation) on the side of the road but you ride on? "Surely someone will stop and help. After all I'm late..." Then a few seconds later you're looking for an off ramp to turn around and help them. That's the spirit of God prompting you to do good works. When you ignore those prompts, it gets easier to not hear them. The Bible talks about the heart being seared over like a hot wax. In other words, the truth of God's word becomes unclear and sin becomes acceptable. Our society has become more selfish by the decade.

So how do you control the will? How do you stop doing those bad habbits and START doing those good habbits?

2 Cor.10:5 -
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Take every thought captive! Surround those bad thoughts/habits with the trash can. Throw them away. Sure you're going to miss the can a few times. We all do. Today I joined a local church for a ride thru the twisties. We stopped way out in the 'boondocks' for lunch. Not wanting to ride with a big greasy burger in my gut all the way back, I chose the salad. For $5 bucks it should be pretty hefty. About 20 minutes later out came a small plate with iceburg lettuce and some cheese. A few sprinkles of onions and Ranch dressing on the side was all that was there. I asked the waitress if this was the large or a side salad. I was doing good till my friends got their big burgers and fries. Their toppings were taller than my salad. So I ordered some greasy fries and enjoyed them. Take control of those habits as best you can and ask Jesus Christ to give you strength. But, if you fall; get up and try again. Don't go into self hatred and give up. Stand up and put on the full armor of God.

Eph 6 :

The Armor
of God

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, 15 and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; 16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

I just got a call from the sister of the girl in the hospital. She said it was an overdose and considered brain dead. Please pray with me tonight for her. Her name is Erin. Ride safe and remember I'm praying for you too.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Will you? Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Will you?

Post by trip April 15th 2013, 6:15 am

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack April 15th 2013, 9:55 pm

thanks dino , prayers up
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist April 20th 2013, 10:26 pm

We had her funeral last night. pretty sad.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack April 21st 2013, 7:03 pm

may she rip dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist April 27th 2013, 10:42 pm

Thanks all. You are a blessing to me.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum