Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fear Not

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fear Not Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fear Not

Post by Psalmist November 23rd 2013, 9:08 pm

Sorry for the type. computer operator error:

There's something nice about Saturday afternoon naps. I usually put on Fox news channel and drift off in about 10 minutes. I woke up today to an infomercial trying to sell "Miracle Wand" skin stimulaters. For only $119 you too can zap your skin into being tighter. This little zapper will probably sell like hot cakes because people are so afraid of looking older. People today are motivated by fear. Fear sells. There's nothing wrong with trying to make things better, but don't be controlled by fear. Below is a chapter from Acts that deals with Peter and his trust in God. It's chapter 12 and has a lot of humor in it. Peter Under Heavy Guard 1That's when King Herod got it into his head to go after some of the church members. 2He murdered James, John's brother. 3When he saw how much it raised his popularity ratings with the Jews, he arrested Peter--all this during Passover Week, mind you--4and had him thrown in jail, putting four squads of four soldiers each to guard him. He was planning a public lynching after Passover. 5All the time that Peter was under heavy guard in the jailhouse, the church prayed for him most strenuously. 6Then the time came for Herod to bring him out for the kill. That night, even though shackled to two soldiers, one on either side, Peter slept like a baby. And there were guards at the door keeping their eyes on the place. Herod was taking no chances! 7Suddenly there was an angel at his side and light flooding the room. The angel shook Peter and got him up: "Hurry!" The handcuffs fell off his wrists. 8The angel said, "Get dressed. Put on your shoes." Peter did it. Then, "Grab your coat and let's get out of here." 9Peter followed him, but didn't believe it was really an angel--he thought he was dreaming. 10Past the first guard and then the second, they came to the iron gate that led into the city. It swung open before them on its own, and they were out on the street, free as the breeze. At the first intersection the angel left him, going his own way. 11That's when Peter realized it was no dream. "I can't believe it--this really happened! The Master sent his angel and rescued me from Herod's vicious little production and the spectacle the Jewish mob was looking forward to." 12Still shaking his head, amazed, he went to Mary's house, the Mary who was John Mark's mother. The house was packed with praying friends. 13When he knocked on the door to the courtyard, a young woman named Rhoda came to see who it was. 14But when she recognized his voice--Peter's voice!-she was so excited and eager to tell everyone Peter was there that she forgot to open the door and left him standing in the street. 15But they wouldn't believe her, dismissing her, dismissing her report. "You're crazy," they said. She stuck by her story, insisting. They still wouldn't believe her and said, "It must be his angel." 16All this time poor Peter was standing out in the street, knocking away. Finally they opened up and saw him--and went wild! 17Peter put his hands up and calmed them down. He described how the Master had gotten him out of jail, then said, "Tell James and the brothers what's happened." He left them and went off to another place. 18At daybreak the jail was in an uproar. "Where is Peter? What's happened to Peter?" 19When Herod sent for him and they could neither produce him nor explain why not, he ordered their execution: "Off with their heads!" Fed up with Judea and Jews, he went for a vacation to Caesarea. The Death of Herod 20But things went from bad to worse for Herod. Now people from Tyre and Sidon put him on the warpath. But they got Blastus, King Herod's right-hand man, to put in a good word for them and got a delegation together to iron things out. Because they were dependent on Judea for food supplies, they couldn't afford to let this go on too long. 21On the day set for their meeting, Herod, robed in pomposity, took his place on the throne and regaled them with a lot of hot air. 22The people played their part to the hilt and shouted flatteries: "The voice of God! The voice of God!" 23That was the last straw. God had had enough of Herod's arrogance and sent an angel to strike him down. Herod had given God no credit for anything. Down he went. Rotten to the core, a maggoty old man if there ever was one, he died. 24Meanwhile, the ministry of God's Word grew by leaps and bounds. 25Barnabas and Saul, once they had delivered the relief offering to the church in Jerusalem, went back to Antioch. This time they took John with them, the one they called Mark. So often we get anxious about tomorrow. A spirit of fear sits on the edge of your bed trying to put fear and doubt into your head. It's your choice who or what you listen to. Peter was in his pajamas chained up to two guards with 14 looking on. Suddenly the angel comes and wakes him up. In other words, he wasn't worried and wringing his hands "what am I going to do?" When the angel came, chains and doors obeyed! God knows exactly where you are and what's holding you. Jesus said it well, "Fear not little flock." I have a very simple philosophy about life. When we're done here, Jesus takes us home. Sometimes a baby stays just long enough to make us smile. Then there are those who stay a long time to help us learn. I thank Jesus Christ for both. We need the moments of joy and the years of happiness. When someone tries to get in the way of God's plan, He takes care of them. Herod tried to take Peter out but instead he was eaten by worms. We often expect things from God to be immediate. God's not bound by our time or schedule. "So be anxious for nothing, but in everything give thanks." God's watching over you and doing a pretty good job. Give Him thanks this week for all you DO have. "Rejoice in the Lord always....And again I say rejoice." Look on the bright side. It could be a lot worse. This week do NOT live in the town called 'Fear'. Recognize it and ride that bike around it. I was just given a new back tire by a brother in Christ. It's a car tire (Goodyear Tripletred 205-60-16) and it barely fits. With the pressure down and lots of good dish soap it slides in fine.. My last one ran 40,600 miles before I replaced it. It still had lots of miles left on it. This is a great tire for Wings and VTX bikes. People often ask about being afraid when riding a bike. I give it no place. If you don't enjoy riding, sell the bike. Life is too short to be miserable or scared. I hope you have the best week of your life! Remember to give thanks for your family, job, and ride. Thank Jesus Christ for all He's given and done for you. If your life is in Him, then never worry or fear. He's in control. If you want to invite Jesus Christ to be your savior, just repeat this simple prayer and mean it. Jesus Christ come into my heart and save me. I believe you died and rose again from the dead. I confess I'm a sinner and need you to save me from all my sins. I give you all that I am and ask you to fill me with your Holy Spirit. By faith I receive your forgiveness. Amen Remember I'm praying for you. Oh yeah Don't throw your money away on a 'Miracle Wand'. Send your excess money to the Salvation Army or other needy causes. Give some to your local church that is helping those in need.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fear Not Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fear Not

Post by actionpack November 24th 2013, 6:07 am

thanks dino ,
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by trip November 24th 2013, 6:19 am

Thanks Dino.  Good one.  Some people think I'm crazy because I don't fear much.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down