Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fear and Spiders

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fear and Spiders Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fear and Spiders

Post by Psalmist September 3rd 2011, 11:36 pm

Ge 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great."

Ge 21:17 God heard the lad crying; and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, "What is the matter with you, Hagar? Do not fear, for God has heard the voice of the lad where he is.

Ge 26:24 - The LORD appeared to him the same night and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham; Do not fear, for I am with you. I will bless you, and multiply your descendants, For the sake of My servant Abraham."

De 1:17 `You shall not show partiality in judgment; you shall hear the small and the great alike. You shall not fear man, for the judgment is God's. The case that is too hard for you, you shall bring to me, and I will hear it.'

De 1:21 - `See, the LORD your God has placed the land before you; go up, take possession, as the LORD, the God of your fathers, has spoken to you. Do not fear or be dismayed.'

De 1:29 "Then I said to you, `Do not be shocked, nor fear them.

De 3:22 `Do not fear them, for the LORD your God is the one fighting for you.'

In last weeks post, someone mentioned fear and why do Christians fear death. That is a valid question. Why is there so much fear anyway? Why do people loved to be scared?While in Bible College (before sand) I worked with the "Young Life" group at one of the high schools. We had planned to go see a 'bambi' type movie. But when we got to the theaters, all the kids wanted to go see the new release of a movie called "Friday the 13th". The other adults and I thought "What possible harm could a little movie like this do? After all, WE are all adults!!" What a major mistake. Through most of the movie; I was watching thru my fingers. So, the movie's finally over and the credits are rolling....... SPLASH! (If you've seen it, you know what I'm referring to.) Unforunately I was sitting next to a 16 yr old girl. She dug her nails into my knee and I FLEW!Fear is paralyzing. It can keep you from success and failure. Fear of rejection and fear of failure are huge. They can fill the smartest, most outgoing person with so much doubt and hesitation. If you think about a plan long enough, you might not ever do it. When I began my music store with one guitar (and it got stolen the night I got it), I had many thoughts of "WHY?" But the "WHY NOT"s won out. 15 years later I sold everything for $85,000. Actually God sold everything. He just loaned me the keys and gave me the desires of my heart.

Jos 10:8 The LORD said to Joshua, "Do not fear them, for I have given them into your hands; not one of them shall stand before you."

Jos 10:25 Joshua then said to them, "Do not fear or be dismayed! Be strong and courageous, for thus the LORD will do to all your enemies with whom you fight."

Today I was in the pool in our back yard when a spider fell down right beside me. My first thoughts were "KILL!!!!!!!" But then I watched it for a few laps in the pool. It was fighting hard to make it. So I told it "If you can make it to the wall, I'll let you live." It started drifting to the center and getting weak, so I 'waved' it to the edge and it climbed up and out. I hope that good deed doesn't literally come back and bite me. After all what can ONE spider do?

Book of Isaiah43:1-

1 But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob,

And He who formed you, O Israel,

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;

I have called you by name; you are Mine!

2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;

And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.

When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,

Nor will the flame burn you.

Are you going through a battle or hard time? Have you almost lost all hope? Do you feel like there's no land in sight? Take heart my friend. God said He'd be there with you. When you're doing His will, there will definately be 'giants in the land'. Things will come up against you. "Friends" WILL burn you or deny you. But God will be there step by step.

2Ti 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Learn to recognize that spirit and stand against it with the full armor of God on. If you listen to that spirit, you will be paralyzed soon.

1Jo 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

1Jo 4:8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

Be careful not to say, "My biggest fear is..... or My fear is that......" These both confess that fear HAS you. What you speak about yourself will bring forth fruit. Give no place to the devil and his fears/spirits. Ride with confidence this week. Be careful and don't assume the cage sees you. If you see the driver next to you at a light 'texting'......... well I'll let you decide. Have a GREAT week and remember I'm praying for you!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fear and Spiders Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fear and Spiders

Post by smokum September 4th 2011, 1:26 am

Wow, thanks for the correction! Just when I needed it. Thanks Dino, prayin for ya and the family. Keep us in the loop so we know what you need. God Bless...
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fear and Spiders Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Fear and Spiders

Post by tcarp66 September 4th 2011, 7:55 am

as all ways...thanks Dino.
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 3176

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch September 4th 2011, 8:16 am

Thanks Dino! TU
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum