Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : I'm sorry...Thank you

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : I'm sorry...Thank you Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : I'm sorry...Thank you

Post by Psalmist November 17th 2012, 4:25 am

2Sa 22:50 -
"Therefore I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the nations, And I will sing praises to Your name.

Ps 7:17 -
I will give thanks to the LORD according to His righteousness And will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Ps 9:1 -
I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders.

Ps 18:49 -
Therefore I will give thanks to You among the nations, O LORD, And I will sing praises to Your name.

Ps 30:12 -
That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Ps 35:18 -
I will give You thanks in the great congregation; I will praise You among a mighty throng.

Ps 44:8 -
In God we have boasted all day long, And we will give thanks to Your name forever. Selah.

Many people have a hard time saying two things: 'I'm sorry..forgive me?' and 'Thank you'. Both of these statements are humbling. The pride in all of us seems to be max'ed out during certain hours of the day. Those hours are from the time we get up to the the time we go to bed. Life would be so much simpler if pride didn't exist. Ever notice what letter is the center of the word 'pride'? Someone said the biggest radio station is WIIFM. That stands for "What's In It For Me". So, how do we conquer the pride issue? Let me get back to you on that in a few......... OK I can't count that high. I think the apostle Paul had some insight towards this in 2 Corinthians 10:5.

10:5 -
We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

Speculations and thoughts can run wild when someone says/texts something you don't agree with. The absolute worst thing about texting is it can be (and often is) misunderstood as far as tone. Something posted in jest might be received as a hurtful statement. This is where I believe demons begin their assignments. They take a statement posted and add to it. Before you know it, missiles are being prepared for launch. "Well if you think that, well....See if I come for Thanksgiving!" So, before WW3 starts up; capture those thoughts and throw them away. Put them in the dumpster or flush them before they really contaminate the place. Hence the term "Stinkin' Thinkin'". If you're not sure what was meant, ask "What did you mean by that?"

Maybe you were the sender of an offensive post to someone close. You were frustrated from a bad day and someone pulled your trigger. Before you knew it,
thoughts and words were flying. That's not your normal text, but you lost control of the wheel temporary. Now you have two options. You can bag up all that pride/hurt (two sides of the same badge) and display it (gossip) to whomever will listen. OR, dig a deep hole and throw those thoughts and feelings in it. That last option is kinda hard for some of us at first. Wait there's one more idea. Thank them for correcting you and learn from it. I love what a friend of mine said one time "When you become perfect let me know. I'll be YOUR disciple!"

Pr 27:6 -

Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But deceitful are the kisses of an enemy.

If a friend won't correct you, they're not a friend. God sends us 'friends' to correct us all the time. When I was a small lad, my dad would drive us to places. We were going straight but he kept adjusting the wheel of our 63 Ford wagon to stay on the road.

In life God sends people to adjust us. Most of the time we don't need or want their help. But God is faithful to 'bless' us with those who encourage us and share ways of doing it a little better. When we receive the gift of salvation in Jesus Christ the work begins.

Philippians 1:3-6
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, 5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until
the day of Jesus Christ;

I have a goal to begin to listen a little better when someone corrects me in love. And then thank them for the correction. It's a goal, and a high one. If a goal is easy to obtain, it's not much of a goal. Can we learn to say "Im sorry...Thank you!" this year or next? Possibly. I'm going to try. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving and give thanks to Jesus Christ for what you DO have. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : I'm sorry...Thank you Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : I'm sorry...Thank you

Post by trip November 18th 2012, 5:08 pm

Thanks Dino and hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving also.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : I'm sorry...Thank you Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : I'm sorry...Thank you

Post by smokum November 23rd 2012, 10:10 am

True that Dino, thanks.
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down