Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Last Word

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Last Word Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Last Word

Post by Psalmist June 30th 2012, 8:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83TaYIQHVvU

Ever wanted the last word with your kids, wife, boss, employee or parents? Sometimes it really is comical with your kids. They seldom know why something is broken or missing. Maybe it's missing because it's broken. Our latest MIA's are the tv clickers. The clickers in our house are a symbol of power and authority. My kids love to be boss of the tv until we catch wind of it. Then they become boss of the tomatoe patch. It's good for them to spend that untapped energy in the garden. I read somewhere that it's bad to send kids to their room as punishment. They might get suicidal and hang themselves. I know that sounds extreme, but it has happened one time too many. A few of my seven children are destined to be leaders. They are great debaters. Sometimes I wish they would just say "Yes!" or "No, it didn't fall out of my hand and hit Sissy's face. I actually threw it at her. And you shoulda hear the thump when her head hit the pool!"

Growing up in Marquette, MI. I was privileged to work at a grocery store doing carry out/stocker. After some time I caught myself giving excuses for things I did wrong. The boss would say something and rather than accepting blame and apologizing, I would make up some lame excuse. Then one day the assoc manager turned to me and said "Why don't you just shut up and take it?" He was right, and that day I began to accept responsibility and admit my errors. I worked there for three years and learned alot about how to treat people and learn from my mistakes. I learned to not be a "know it all", and to listen silently to my supervisors correction. I learned humility. A few years later I wrote the book "Humility and how I achieved it."

2Ch 7:14 -
and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

We all need to humble ourselves, especially me. Look at the man in the mirror and try to change. Remember, YOU can't change anyone (especially your spouse). But you can over time change yourself. One time my brother was correcting me for several things I was doing wrong. Finally I said "I can't change you!" And we realized that was what we were trying to do. So, there are "places" that we don't go to now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Nh84lfvW0

I get a kick out of some of the forums where certain people have to get the last word (post) in. Sometimes I fall prey to that also or try to 'one up' them. Oh well. Let me turn one more direction in this thought. What will your last words be? We don't know our times and when we will leave planet Earth. Not perfect yet, but I'm trying to keep my words short and sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyYWeQIIx3o

Job 22:29 -
"When you are cast down, you will speak with confidence, And the humble person He will save.

Job 40:12 -
"Look on everyone who is proud, and humble him, And tread down the wicked where they stand.

Ps 10:17 -
O LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear

Ps 25:9 -
He leads the humble in justice, And He teaches the humble His way.

Ps 34:2 -
My soul will make its boast in the LORD; The humble will hear it and rejoice.

Ps 37:11 -
But the humble will inherit the land And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.

Ps 69:32 -
The humble have seen it and are glad; You who seek God, let your heart revive.

Ps 76:9 -
When God arose to judgment, To save all the humble of the earth. Selah.

Pr 11:2 -
When pride comes, then comes dishonor, But with the humble is wisdom.

Pr 16:19 -
It is better to be humble in spirit with the lowly Than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Pr 29:23 -
A man's pride will bring him low, But a humble spirit will obtain honor.

Look to Jesus who was and is the most humble man that ever 'lives'.
Mt 11:29 -
"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.

I'm heading to Marquette, MI. tomorrow and will be gone for a few thousand miles. Just me and the bike enjoying God's presence and creation. But if I never post again, remember I'm praying for you. I plan to be here next week, but if not I hope to see you in heaven. Next time you see a shooting star (after I'm gone), it just might be me on my heavenly Wing. Last words?

"Jesus Christ!"
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Last Word Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Last Word

Post by whitetrash July 1st 2012, 7:12 am

TU TU That one hits home. There was a time when I used every excuse in the book when I messed up.------Thanks Dino ! -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Last Word Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Last Word

Post by jaarch July 3rd 2012, 12:43 am

Thumbs Up
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down